Does anyone have any info on the path program at Georgetown University?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pathmad

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
??

Members don't see this ad.

did not apply, and have no 1st hand knowledge, but i suggest you search this forum. iirc the opinions were not positive.

I think the opinions were not positive mostly because the process seemed so disorganized at Georgetown so as almost to approach randomness. The interview invite letters were spelled wrong and confusing, among other things. Perhaps they have righted that particular ship though. The fact that their departmental website dates to 1998 (google it and see for yourself - the current fellow is the 1998-9 one) and doesn't seem to have been updated since is also a bit strange.

Members don't see this ad :)
Georgetown is not well known for pathology, pathology training or pathology based research.

Im sure they excel at some stuff, but not pathology. I have had many friends from high school go there for residency and med school, great internists, orthopods, gsurgs etc.

the hospital was sold to a company.

so would it be a waste of money to get hotel/airfare and interview there?

I think the opinions were not positive mostly because the process seemed so disorganized at Georgetown so as almost to approach randomness. The interview invite letters were spelled wrong and confusing, among other things. Perhaps they have righted that particular ship though. The fact that their departmental website dates to 1998 (google it and see for yourself - the current fellow is the 1998-9 one) and doesn't seem to have been updated since is also a bit strange.

i know someone who called, emailed, faxed....them to schedule interview for one month to get it done. i did not have this problem since i visited "at their convenience". when i interviewed there, i did not have an itinerary until i met the 2nd faculty. it is not surprising "The interview invite letters were spelled wrong and confusing". all 12 residents are girls.

however, their faculty are extremely friendly and helpful.

Sleeping beauty,

Did you interview there for this season? I can't get ahold of the coordinator. Do you by an chance have his/her name? Dr. Furlong told me she'd get my file to her.

Did you like the department and is there any particular advantage to "all girls"?

Thanks

i interviewed last season. i am sure you can get her name from frieda. however i am not sure if you will get any response if you contact her.

"is there any particular advantage to "all girls"?" of course, if you are lady' man (lol). all AP faculty are internationals. they are humble, kind, and helpful.