Does anyone have their letters of rec received on AMCAS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pink3045

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I was just wondering if any of you have your letters of rec marked "received" on the AMCAS website. I keep getting emails saying that AMCAS has not received my letters...but my letters were uploaded to virutal evals June 18th!!!!

I asked my advisor and she said that none of the letters have been uploaded yet at AMCAS. Is this true or should I be worried?

Thanks so much for your input. :)

Members don't see this ad.

5 of mine are marked "received" and Im waiting on one more..however, it took weeks for verification....dont worry...however, deep down in side I just dont trust this pilot program, I think it will have many problems as the app. cycle progresses

Hello everyone,

I was just wondering if any of you have your letters of rec marked "received" on the AMCAS website. I keep getting emails saying that AMCAS has not received my letters...but my letters were uploaded to virutal evals June 18th!!!!

I asked my advisor and she said that none of the letters have been uploaded yet at AMCAS. Is this true or should I be worried?

Mine were also sent to VirtualEvals on the 18th. No word from AMCAS. None of the schools have marked them received.

Here's hoping that happens soon!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello everyone,

They say it takes up to 15 business days for them to mark it as received (July 9th for you), so I wouldn't worry yet. I am still waiting too (since June 24th).

http://www.aamc.org/students/amcas/faq/amcaslettersfaq.htm

AMCAS has said they will not start marking the letters complete until July 8.

I submitted my letters electronically via interfolio on june 4th to amcas, used their stupid coversheets and everything, still not marked as received. I resent the letters on 6/25, still nothing. Hopefully they get around to it soon, I have a few secondaries complete aside from the AMCAS letters. Frankly they are doing me a disservice.

Frankly they are doing me a disservice.

Agreed, why do we have to be the guinee pigs??? just let us use interfolio/virtual evals...they work fine, why fix something that's not broken???

I just sent all of mine in on Tuesday. This is honestly the stupidest idea ever. Why send your letters to a service that is going to take weeks to mark them as received and mail them to schools? I'm sure 99.9% of people haven't even sent them to AMCAS yet since you're told you don't have to worry about it until it's time for secondaries. I'm sure they'll be thrilled when they aren't complete at the specified schools until September because of this stupid program.

I just sent all of mine in on Tuesday. This is honestly the stupidest idea ever. Why send your letters to a service that is going to take weeks to mark them as received and mail them to schools? I'm sure 99.9% of people haven't even sent them to AMCAS yet since you're told you don't have to worry about it until it's time for secondaries. I'm sure they'll be thrilled when they aren't complete at the specified schools until September because of this stupid program.

Yeah, the people applying at the peak of the cycle are going to get pwn3d unless they hire a bunch more people.

Submitting the letters to AMCAS is just if you're applying to any of the few select schools that are participating, correct?

I sent my letters through Interfolio on June 18th and they were marked as received on June 26th.

It was us Virtual Evals kids who aren't supposed to have their letters marked as there until the 8th... Have to hold out until Tuesday.

AMCAS has all of my letters marked as received (I had my letter writers and the career center send out physical copies), but I was told by my school's career center that AMCAS won't be making the letters available to schools until the 8th.

Members don't see this ad :)
Everyone applying to LOE schools will be equally affected, so I would not worry too much about it. I really do not see the point in this myself. If they are going to do it like this, they need to make it so that you can send your LORs to AMCAS long before the application cycle begins.

I bet AMCAS wants to expand it's monopoly on applications to inlcude letters... think about it. Five years from now, all schools will use LOE, and AMCAS will be able to charge you like 30 dollars a letter or something ridiculous like that.

It was us Virtual Evals kids who aren't supposed to have their letters marked as there until the 8th... Have to hold out until Tuesday.

Anyone who used virtual evals have their letters marked as received by amcas?

Marked "received" today... sent by my school's letter service via snail mail on 6/24.

Posted on the Secondary Thread:

Hey ya I thought I was all done with the LOR stuff too. My packet was uploaded 2 weeks ago so I thought it'd be done by now.
I just called AMCAS and they said that no one's letters have been marked as received yet, so their tentative date of July 8 didn't work as planned. The lady told me to check back in a couple days, but when the letters are uploaded, they will be marked as received immediately, and we will receive an email, as well.

Via Interfolio electronic delivery, I am being verified for LOE's about 1 1/2 weeks after sending them. I have 5/6 letters verified as of today....the last letter wasnt sent until yesterday though...so it should be verified as received in about 1.5-2 weeks from now.

how long does it usually take amcas to verify letters once we've had our career center send them?

Stupid questions: you can submit your AMCAS without the letters having been received, right? And can AMCAS process your application without those letters? And all of this applies to people with a committee letter, right?

Stupid questions: you can submit your AMCAS without the letters having been received, right? And can AMCAS process your application without those letters? And all of this applies to people with a committee letter, right?

Yes, yes, and no - even if you have individual letters, they still need to be sent to AMCAS (either by the letter writers or a letter collection company like VirtualEvals or Interfolio) for schools that are participating in the pilot AMCAS LOR service.

Career Center sent my LOE out on 6/19
AMCAS confirmed receiving them on 6/30

Hope that helps with estimating how long the process will be. Thou it will definitely take longer the later the letters are sent out.

I called up yesterday and they said they were entering letters received on 7/2. Of course I had sent mine (through Interfolio) on 6/30. So I sent them again to find out that you could now enter the letter ID number this time. I sent the LOR request form w/ the ID that AMCAS said to last time. I just want my letters to be received and sent.

I called up yesterday and they said they were entering letters received on 7/2. Of course I had sent mine (through Interfolio) on 6/30. So I sent them again to find out that you could now enter the letter ID number this time. I sent the LOR request form w/ the ID that AMCAS said to last time. I just want my letters to be received and sent.

ID number?

Last edited:
The ID number that AMCAS gives your recommended.