Does anyone here have a learning disability?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mastashake

Dr. John Zoidberg, M.D.
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I found out about 4 months ago I have ADD. I started taking medicine and since then things are cake. Plus, I can't hear the constant ticking of the clock whenever I try to study (things would distract me so bad, I'd have to sit with my face to the wall and disconnect the clock). Anyway, this summer semester I am well on top of my classes and although early in the semester, I think I could get an A in both classes (YAY).

But enough about me, does anyone else have a learning disability such as ADD or dyslexia, or something that makes it really hard to study?

I was just wondering how you overcame your obstacles to get into a situation to be possibly entering med school.

Mastashake

Members don't see this ad.

I can't speel no good. :D

Mastashake said:
So I found out about 4 months ago I have ADD. I started taking medicine and since then things are cake. Plus, I can't hear the constant ticking of the clock whenever I try to study (things would distract me so bad, I'd have to sit with my face to the wall and disconnect the clock). Anyway, this summer semester I am well on top of my classes and although early in the semester, I think I could get an A in both classes (YAY).

But enough about me, does anyone else have a learning disability such as ADD or dyslexia, or something that makes it really hard to study?

I was just wondering how you overcame your obstacles to get into a situation to be possibly entering med school.

Mastashake

I have dyslexia, but i've known that from the time i was in elementary school...so we've been able to work with it and i deal with it pretty well.

As far as studying with dyslexia, i have to keep really organized in order for everything to make sense. I feel as though sometime i look at everything completely different than everyone else in my classes, but the fact that I'm able to deal with it now makes it seem like i have my own special way of learning. The professors can lecture and teach as much as they want, but i have to take notes and really look at everything and teach it to myself to get the full understanding sometimes. It's not so much of a problem anymore, but i really struggled with it back in elementary & junior high.
:)

been diagnosised with ADD since i was 7 it was amazing how fast i went from the resident dingus to semi-smart guy... BTW what meds you on, personnally i take adderall and its wonderful has time release and almost no side affects accept the lack of appetite...