does cvs train their pharmacists to work at coram?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

2set50

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
for pharmacists that work at cvs: if you were interested in transitioning to home infusion/coram, how likely are you to get that job?

does cvs have any training in home infusion? do you have a better chance of getting into Coram if you're already a pharmacist at cvs?

what is it like working at Coram?

any thoughts appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

We do not. Add being a CVS employee doesn't appear to help. I've applied several times and haven't gotten as much as a "no thanks" email. And I have IV compounding experience, too.

Cvs doesn't train anyone for anything. You have to learn everything on your own.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
how does one get experience in home infusion? it seems like most posted positions require previous IV experience. I can't imagine getting IV experience elsewhere besides hospital settings, but then I'm not interested in clinical stuff. Does anyone know of any other settings or routes that would help one obtain experience in IV/home infusion?

CVS doesn't even train CVS employees to work at CVS, unless you count the HIPPA training that is mandated due to them getting fined a few years ago.

how does one get experience in home infusion? it seems like most posted positions require previous IV experience. I can't imagine getting IV experience elsewhere besides hospital settings, but then I'm not interested in clinical stuff. Does anyone know of any other settings or routes that would help one obtain experience in IV/home infusion?

Some LTC facilities compound IVs.

the trainings you get are from Learnet modules. these training modules will come frequently, and you get to spend lots of hours on them, all without pay. and you have to do them on your day off.