Does the neuro shelf cover optho at all?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NastySpice

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I can't seem to find an official answer on this. The NBME subject exam breakdown does say "disorders of special senses" but I don't know exactly how to interpret that.

Neuro and optho don't seem to be grouped together in any of my review resources ... is optho covered more so on the medicine shelf?

Uworld has an optho section, so I presume it is on step 2.. but it's a big time commitment to learn and we aren't really touching it on my neuro rotation. Just wondering if its worth the time in advance of my neuro shelf (i have three more weeks to go).

Members don't see this ad.

I can't seem to find an official answer on this. The NBME subject exam breakdown does say "disorders of special senses" but I don't know exactly how to interpret that.

Neuro and optho don't seem to be grouped together in any of my review resources ... is optho covered more so on the medicine shelf?

Uworld has an optho section, so I presume it is on step 2.. but it's a big time commitment to learn and we aren't really touching it on my neuro rotation. Just wondering if its worth the time in advance of my neuro shelf (i have three more weeks to go).

If it involved Neuro - it was on there.
Visual field deficits
EOMI
Horner's
Pupils

If it involved close/open angle glaucoma or cataracts - it was IM.

Reactions: 1 user