Does your home school reimburse for away fees?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Smiths11

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a DO student, and some of my away electives are charging $100-$200 just to rotate. I asked my home school about reimbursing for these costs, because technically they are tuition, no? But they are refusing, which makes no sense to me. What the hell is the $50,000 tuition money for then?

Members don't see this ad.

It sucks that these other places are charging you - I don't remember being charged but it was a while ago.

Your tuition, high as it is, pays only a portion of the cost of running your school. None of those costs go down just because you are away for a month or two.

lol wow, wonder what that's paying for. bloated administation salaries no doubt

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
The majority of away rotations I applied to had charges for rotating with them. Since it has nothing to do with your school then I can't really blame your school for not funding it. It sucks but I feel like almost everyone is trying to funnel money off of med students now and there is not much we can do about it.

Your tuition, high as it is, pays only a portion of the cost of running your school. None of those costs go down just because you are away for a month or two.

For DO schools the title of this thread could be "Does your home school reimburse for ______?" and the answer will always be no.

Reactions: 1 users