"Don't Shoot The Pharmacist"

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Huh...quite interesting.

I'd imagine that this movie won't paint a pretty picture about pharmacy though given the zany music in the background of the official website.

On a side note, I had a site visit at a pharmacy whose pharmacist told me stories about being constantly held up. He's an old timer who could pack heat back then. If a guy wanted to steal narcotics, he'd put M&Ms in used bottles and send the thief on his way.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think it has a lot of potential.

Hope it's good.

it looks awesome.

I want to see the trailer...hopefully they post that sucker.

I THOUGHT he looked familiar. OMFG, it's the Cash Cab guy. HAHAHAHAHA. I'm betting it all on the video bonus question..

Wow...I gotta see this crap. I now want to actually watch Cash Cab instead of flipping past it.

Thanks for the post of the trailer by the way to saladfingers. I went to the page earlier and it didn't readily pull up so I just gave up.

Makes me want to walk in to work and ask "Got any rollin' papers up in this bee-yatch?":laugh:

In my infinite boredom last night, I found the movie on cinema.lycos.com.

Members don't see this ad :)
This looks like one of those films with a few funny moments amidst an otherwise boring movie

Hi Future Druggists and current Pharmacists!

Special hello to Bananaface and Andrew for their pessimistic hopes of "Don't Shoot The Pharmacist!" rising towards success.

Yes, I'm the guilty party that cooked up this movie. And, you can rest assured that the movie is in good hands. I spent a few years shaping it to be exactly the opposite of a movie with a few laughs and lots of boredom in between as Andrew mentions.

I would like to thank the optimists on this board for your faith in this project. The movie gives a hopeful outlook on the world of the Pharmacist, and believe it or not, and it's not much of a spoiler... the Pharmacist turns out to be a good guy after all. The zany music in the trailer hints at a wacky night with a ton of laughs and that's exactly what it is.

We fell one vote shy of winning at the SINY Film Festival for Best Comedy as we got beaten out by a romantic dramedy, go figure.

We're hoping for a Napoleon Dynamite theatrical type release, but the odds are so overwhelming that theatrical is almost impossible even with a name actor in your movie. DVD is not a guarantee either, but we already have a ton of offers for DVD, so you will be able to catch it soon enough. Hey, an Oscar Winner like Cuba Gooding Jr had his last movie going straight to video, but we're still determined to see the silver screen.

Despite the lack of a Leonardo DiCaprio type actor, we will do our best to make the Pharmacy world proud. At least the movie stars Ben Bailey of Cash Cab fame and he just won the Emmy, beating out Alex Trebek and Drew Carey as Best Game Show Host. The movie also boasts Godfrey (7-up fame, Soul Plane, Phat Girlz) and Steve Byrne (Comedy Central).

I'll keep you guys posted on future festival and theatrical screenings and thanks for your support. And to the naysayers, thanks to you as well, because it only motivates me to impress the hell out of you and you will be pleasantly surprised when you see the flick. You have my word.

I may know nothing about anything, but according to the buzz the movie is getting, and the incredible reaction from the theater audiences, we may have hit a little jackpot with this pharmaceutical treasure.

All the news at the site below...

Best,
Dave Broitman
Filmmaker/Actor/Pharmacist
www.DontShootThePharmacist.com
[email protected]

Interestingly, if I didn't get into pharmacy school, I was planning on trying my hand at film school, too.

Nonetheless, it best not be lame. If it is, you'll find a hilljack on your doorstep threatening to get ya with a pitchfork.

Hey WVU,

Good news, you won't have to shop for a pitchfork after watching the movie.

You can borrow the one I have in my garage.

Dave

I always thought my pharmacy would make a good reality show, so I'm not surprised someone is making a movie about a night in a crazy pharmacy. Hopefully its a good movie. I'll probably watch it whenever it comes out.

Hey,

The movie is now available! It has been released June 8, 2010.

Don't Shoot The Pharmacist! stars Ben Bailey from Cash Cab and is directed by Pharmacist Dave Broitman.

It's a wacky night at the Pharmacy!

You can see the trailer, snag the DVD and check out the movie at www.DontShootThePharmacist.com

Check it out and spread the word,
Dave Broitman

Hi Future Druggists and current Pharmacists!

Special hello to Bananaface and Andrew for their pessimistic hopes of "Don't Shoot The Pharmacist!" rising towards success.

Yes, I'm the guilty party that cooked up this movie. And, you can rest assured that the movie is in good hands. I spent a few years shaping it to be exactly the opposite of a movie with a few laughs and lots of boredom in between as Andrew mentions.

I would like to thank the optimists on this board for your faith in this project. The movie gives a hopeful outlook on the world of the Pharmacist, and believe it or not, and it's not much of a spoiler... the Pharmacist turns out to be a good guy after all. The zany music in the trailer hints at a wacky night with a ton of laughs and that's exactly what it is.

We fell one vote shy of winning at the SINY Film Festival for Best Comedy as we got beaten out by a romantic dramedy, go figure.

We're hoping for a Napoleon Dynamite theatrical type release, but the odds are so overwhelming that theatrical is almost impossible even with a name actor in your movie. DVD is not a guarantee either, but we already have a ton of offers for DVD, so you will be able to catch it soon enough. Hey, an Oscar Winner like Cuba Gooding Jr had his last movie going straight to video, but we're still determined to see the silver screen.

Despite the lack of a Leonardo DiCaprio type actor, we will do our best to make the Pharmacy world proud. At least the movie stars Ben Bailey of Cash Cab fame and he just won the Emmy, beating out Alex Trebek and Drew Carey as Best Game Show Host. The movie also boasts Godfrey (7-up fame, Soul Plane, Phat Girlz) and Steve Byrne (Comedy Central).

I'll keep you guys posted on future festival and theatrical screenings and thanks for your support. And to the naysayers, thanks to you as well, because it only motivates me to impress the hell out of you and you will be pleasantly surprised when you see the flick. You have my word.

I may know nothing about anything, but according to the buzz the movie is getting, and the incredible reaction from the theater audiences, we may have hit a little jackpot with this pharmaceutical treasure.

All the news at the site below...

Best,
Dave Broitman
Filmmaker/Actor/Pharmacist
[email protected]

Napoleon Dynamite sucked ass. "Oh, haha, look, the main character is a little slow! Look at all the funny things he says and does because he's mildly ******ed!"

A wacky night with a ton of laughs...I can see that. I mean, it's a regular Chuckle Hut at any given retail pharmacy. I remember the time we all wore novelty hats one day, and we played Yackety Sax while filling scripts. Hilarity ensued.

All seriousness aside, if this is supposed to be a comedy, you better have a clip in there of Tom Ryan saying "We are dedicated to promoting the field of pharmacy." It'll be the funniest movie of the year then. If you really want to go for the gold, have a clip of the Ohio Board of Pharmacy saying "No, we don't throw our pharmacists under the bus. We have no desire to remove their testicles and keep them in a lockbox of ours for safekeeping." I'm laughing just thinking about such a scenario. :laugh:

Hey,

The movie is now available! It has been released June 8, 2010.

Don't Shoot The Pharmacist! stars Ben Bailey from Cash Cab and is directed by Pharmacist Dave Broitman.

It's a wacky night at the Pharmacy!

You can see the trailer, snag the DVD and check out the movie at www.DontShootThePharmacist.com

Check it out and spread the word,
Dave Broitman
I swear I've seen the trailer somewhere other than this website. It looks like pharmacy Clerks, which should be good. Since it seems that its not releasing to theaters, I can't wish you luck on a blockbuster, but I will wish you best of luck on creating a cult classic.

I really made this for my fellow pharmacists and pharmacy techs, and of course, the upcoming pharmacy students. Thanks for all your kind words!

Don't Shoot The Pharmacist!

Best,
Dave Broitman

Really?

You banned him?

That's a little heavy handed. The subject matter is on topic and I think its a good thing that he's letting us know the DVD is available. All messages were following a discussion.

Modtalitarianism is afoot. Whichever one of you newbs that somehow got mod privileged just failed at your job.

Really?

You banned him?

That's a little heavy handed. The subject matter is on topic and I think its a good thing that he's letting us know the DVD is available. All messages were following a discussion.

Modtalitarianism is afoot. Whichever one of you newbs that somehow got mod privileged just failed at your job.

I've been on SDN since 1999, and one of the things I could equate this with was the reception (way back when) of the writers for the show that became the hit tv series, "Scrubs" [which I don't happen to watch, but still]. The writer was soliciting, "any interesting medical vignettes" and everyone called the guy a troll with all sorts of outlandish and self-serving replies. Joke was on those in that thread... the show went on to be a hit and no one wanted to indulge in a little bit of light-hearted talk.

Whoever that poster was, he wasn't exactly America's Most Wanted lol

I've been on SDN since 1999, and one of the things I could equate this with was the reception (way back when) of the writers for the show that became the hit tv series, "Scrubs" [which I don't happen to watch, but still]. The writer was soliciting, "any interesting medical vignettes" and everyone called the guy a troll with all sorts of outlandish and self-serving replies. Joke was on those in that thread... the show went on to be a hit and no one wanted to indulge in a little bit of light-hearted talk.

Whoever that poster was, he wasn't exactly America's Most Wanted lol

WTF are you talking about? You fascist banhammerers.

It wasn't me. I'm Emeritus. My number is retired somewhere in the rafters of SDN and I have a monument in monument park.

You douchebags memorialize each other?

Hahahahahahaha.

It's probably one of the 50 moderators we have I've never heard of that registered in 2009.

Hang your head in shame, whoever you are.

Hahahahahahaha.

It's probably one of the 50 moderators we have I've never heard of that registered in 2009.

Actually a banhammer could be equated more to the concept of a firing squad. If there are four, some three are given blanks, and only 1 could do it. Or electric chair- four pull switches, and only 1 is wired to the chair. So no one really knows who did it... :thumbup:

Actually a banhammer could be equated more to the concept of a firing squad. If there are four, some three are given blanks, and only 1 could do it. Or electric chair- four pull switches, and only 1 is wired to the chair. So no one really knows who did it... :thumbup:

No it isn't. Stop protecting the mystery Pol Pot behind the curtain.

They will be reincarnated into a dung beetle in the next life.

Yeah, I got a PM from the guy, but he got banned so I didn't get to read it :(.

Probably was offering me lead role in the sequel.

I got a PM from him as well, it was just the original post in copypasta form. So I don't think you missed much.

Hahahahahahaha.

It's funny that this guy gets banned for promoting his movie but WVU can harp on the mods all day consequence-free...

It's funny that this guy gets banned for promoting his movie but WVU can harp on the mods all day consequence-free...

And when you've been posting for 7 years, have 8000 posts, and strike fear in the hearts of the mods by telling them to stay off your lawn while shaking your cane at them...you will have more leeway.

Girls kissing is cool.....

You ignorant fool.. That's not a girl kissing a girl. It's actually Dax - symbiont living in Jadzia Idaris-Dax.. Dax has had 7 or so hosts.. the girl kissing Dax is Lenara.. who is a widow of one of the 7 symbiont hosts, Torias Dax.

Dang..what's wrong with you!

I got a PM from him as well, it was just the original post in copypasta form. So I don't think you missed much.
:idea:
:shrug:
And when you've been posting for 7 years, have 8000 posts, and strike fear in the hearts of the mods by telling them to stay off your lawn while shaking your cane at them...you will have more leeway.
:rolleyes:

Right. :rolleyes:

I've decided that Farmercyst is the "youngest" membership-age mod I will listen to.

I think that qualifies, like, 4 of you.

Great strategy. :thumbup: