Don't start a thread every time you submit your AMCAS!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Spitting Camel

Anteater for Life!
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
That is all...

Members don't see this ad.

Spitting Camel said:
That is all...

SC, how did I miss you getting into LLU? Are you like bouncing off the walls now?

Where is Loma Linda anyway? :confused:

Eraserhead said:
SC, how did I miss you getting into LLU? Are you like bouncing off the walls now?

Where is Loma Linda anyway? :confused:

Hey E-man,
Sometimes I will be sitting in bed or just daydreaming and I'll remember I got in, and then I start smiling uncontrolably - sometimes I start laughing too, because I'm so excited. LLU is in Loma Linda right by Riverside and San Bernardino, maybe 45-60 minures from Irvine. It may not be the most exciting area, but I'm generally happy no matter where I am. I'm going to get an apartment mate and rent will only be ~375 for each. I am so EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Spitting Camel said:
Hey E-man,
Sometimes I will be sitting in bed or just daydreaming and I'll remember I got in, and then I start smiling uncontrolably - sometimes I start laughing too, because I'm so excited. LLU is in Loma Linda right by Riverside and San Bernardino, maybe 45-60 minures from Irvine. It may not be the most exciting area, but I'm generally happy no matter where I am. I'm going to get an apartment mate and rent will only be ~375 for each. I am so EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm so happy for you!!! Its better to be in places where we will be less distracted anyway.

Did you give up on Irvine?

Eraserhead said:
I'm so happy for you!!! Its better to be in places where we will be less distracted anyway.

Did you give up on Irvine?
not given up, just no expectations, you know? I'm happy now so whatever happens, happens. :D

DMBFan61 said:
thank you! I hope you have heard/will hear great news as well :)

SO, what do you guys think of these threads saying... "yeah! I pressed submit!!!"

Here's what I think... :thumbdown:

Spitting Camel said:
not given up, just no expectations, you know? I'm happy now so whatever happens, happens. :D

If only I could have that attitude everyday about everything..

Eraserhead said:
If only I could have that attitude everyday about everything..

Cornell will pull through! Isn't about time for a phone call to their office? ;)

Spitting Camel said:
Cornell will pull through! Isn't about time for a phone call to their office? ;)

I think my efforts have added up to about 7 letters and 4 emails, I'm done for the moment. I think end of June I will call to see if there is a chance left.

LLU=Animal Planet's "Venom ER"
Vanderbilt=TLC's "Resident Life"

any others?

SC-
I am enthused about getting the ball rolling in the admissions game, so I get the excitement that people are displaying.

But I don't know that I care about a play-by-play for each applicant on SDN.

Congrats on LL. Is it the Venom ER? I just caught that earlier this week on AP.

dc

YOU...were probably the first one to start the " pushed-the-button" thread last year. Why don't you go count the ruffles on your ANUS, and leave those excited and relieved people alone! :mad:

Spitting Camel said:
thank you! I hope you have heard/will hear great news as well :)

SO, what do you guys think of these threads saying... "yeah! I pressed submit!!!"

Here's what I think... :thumbdown:

Members don't see this ad :)
Spitting Camel said:
That is all...

Camel-
Question about loma linda. is it true that they have a 10pm curfew for med students, or is that a myth?

r u 7th day adventist? friend of mine applied there and thought it was very hostile to non christians. just curious.

patzan said:
LLU=Animal Planet's "Venom ER"
Vanderbilt=TLC's "Resident Life"

any others?

whatever happened to "residents" on tlc, with the ppl from ucla?

...not that i watch it, cuz only dorks would watch a show about other people working.

pffff.
:D

Termwean said:
YOU...were probably the first one to start the " pushed-the-button" thread last year. Why don't you go count the ruffles on your ANUS, and leave those excited and relieved people alone! :mad:

LOL. I think I may have been the one last year! I know I did it the first day as early as I could get to a computer.

I submitted last night too, didn't start a thread, but damn....don't rain on the parade of the people that get excited. I know that after I submitted, I felt like I had just got a stanky-spitting camel off my back. Whew what a relief it was!

i will submit mine in 2 weeks..i wont make a thread... i only post when i want legit advice...or if i had a cow or something i'd post to let ya'll know....LETS MAKE THIS A STICKY! :smile:

Termwean said:
I submitted last night too, didn't start a thread, but damn....don't rain on the parade of the people that get excited. I know that after I submitted, I felt like I had just got a stanky-spitting camel off my back. Whew what a relief it was!
\

now go back and carefully look at your application. check for mistakes, the ones that will keep you up at night wondering whether u will get rejected automatically...mwuhahaha.... thats what u get for submitting early.

CaptainJack02 said:
\

now go back and carefully look at your application. check for mistakes, the ones that will keep you up at night wondering whether u will get rejected automatically...mwuhahaha.... thats what u get for submitting early.
i like you ..you be funny (< types of grammatical errors you may find)

I remember now why I stopped posting in preallo :rolleyes:

Termwean said:

Look at my registration date, you imbicile. How do you know there are ruffles on an anus... looks like someone's been practicing. I wish there was a "throwing up" avatar.

CaptainJack02 said:
Camel-
Question about loma linda. is it true that they have a 10pm curfew for med students, or is that a myth?

r u 7th day adventist? friend of mine applied there and thought it was very hostile to non christians. just curious.

Wow, 10 pm? I'll definitely check that out! I don't think they'd go to people apartments one by one. Probably a myth.

I'm not SDA, but I am Orthodox Christian. I had a muslim friend get in last year... I think they may not enjoy agnostics or atheists, but all other faiths are ok, i guess.

Termwean said:
I know that after I submitted, I felt like I had just got a stanky-spitting camel off my back.

That was just dumb. :laugh:

lol, i cant believe that starting a thread can cause such havoc. only with premeds does this happen. i know my thread was the inspiration for this one, but i would like to point out that i did ask a questions about LORs in mine, but SC, you missed that. i was excited that i got the app off my chest, and i dont think anyone has the right to dictate what types of threads can be made or not. if you are not interested in these types of threads, dont read it. i dont tell people who make threads i dont care about or i think is lame to basically shove off.

good luck to all applicants this year!! :)

wends said:
lol, i cant believe that starting a thread can cause such havoc. only with premeds does this happen. i know my thread was the inspiration for this one, but i would like to point out that i did ask a questions about LORs in mine, but SC, you missed that. i was excited that i got the app off my chest, and i dont think anyone has the right to dictate what types of threads can be made or not. if you are not interested in these types of threads, dont read it. i dont tell people who make threads i dont care about or i think is lame to basically shove off.

good luck to all applicants this year!! :)

Actually, only SOME of us here are premeds. The rest of us have moved on...

sure, move on, thats great! congrats on getting into med school. but this is the pre-allo forum for pre-meds too, i presume from the name

wends said:
sure, move on, thats great! congrats on getting into med school. but this is the pre-allo forum for pre-meds too, i presume from the name

Oh wait! Do you hear that? That's the sound of me unsubscribing from this thread!