Down bad after a week of rejections :(

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lentilsmom

stressy and depressy
Reaction score
Feeling so defeated after a week of rejections... 1st time applicant from california. the cycle started out so strong for me. right off the bat I was offered interviews at WCVM, AVC, and Glasgow. Was accepted to Glasgow in November which is so awesome, but not sure I can make that big of an adjustment. Was feeling really confident after that acceptance, but now have been rejected from Edinburgh, Davis, Illinois, Washington, and Michigan. Interview invites have been rolling out for U of A and LMU, but I haven't heard anything (feel pretty sure I was rejected). Didn't hear anything about interviews from LIU or OVC either and I'm not sure what that means. I really want to get into a school in the US or Canada, but there's not many left.... here's to hoping for CSU, tOSU, OSU, Wisconsin, or Western, but now I don't feel confident at all :( *send hugs

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 8 users
Feeling so defeated after a week of rejections... 1st time applicant from california. the cycle started out so strong for me. right off the bat I was offered interviews at WCVM, AVC, and Glasgow. Was accepted to Glasgow in November which is so awesome, but not sure I can make that big of an adjustment. Was feeling really confident after that acceptance, but now have been rejected from Edinburgh, Illinois, Washington, and Michigan. Interview invites have been rolling out for U of A and LMU, but I haven't heard anything (feel pretty sure I was rejected). Didn't hear anything about interviews from LIU or OVC either and I'm not sure what that means. I really want to get into a school in the US or Canada, but there's not many left.... here's to hoping for CSU, tOSU, OSU, Wisconsin, or Western, but now I don't feel confident at all :( *send hugs
Ugh I’m sorry, this cycle is exhausting. At least you have one acceptance to back you just in case you don’t get in to the others but I believe in you, you got this!

Reactions: 1 user
No news is good news at this point from anywhere you haven't heard from! So you still have quite a few chances!

The best suggestions I have is to 1) continue improving your application in case you need to reapply, 2) consider changing up your school list based on file review feedback, and 3) distract yourself. This is the long haul of the cycle and personally the worst part. I took 3 application cycles to finally get 1 acceptance. So I feel you. Just gotta feel your emotions, and then keep on keeping on.

Reactions: 10 users
Members don't see this ad :)
giphy.gif

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Thank you guys so much for the kind words of support. It’s so comforting to know we’re all going through it together. Here’s to hoping we all get our ticket to a DVM 🤍🤍

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 1 users
Feeling so defeated after a week of rejections... 1st time applicant from california. the cycle started out so strong for me. right off the bat I was offered interviews at WCVM, AVC, and Glasgow. Was accepted to Glasgow in November which is so awesome, but not sure I can make that big of an adjustment. Was feeling really confident after that acceptance, but now have been rejected from Edinburgh, Davis, Illinois, Washington, and Michigan. Interview invites have been rolling out for U of A and LMU, but I haven't heard anything (feel pretty sure I was rejected). Didn't hear anything about interviews from LIU or OVC either and I'm not sure what that means. I really want to get into a school in the US or Canada, but there's not many left.... here's to hoping for CSU, tOSU, OSU, Wisconsin, or Western, but now I don't feel confident at all :( *send hugs
I don’t know if this will help but I moved from North Carolina to Scotland for graduate school and ended up loving it. I know it feels like a big adjustment and it is but you do it in degrees and that helps. At first it just feels like you’re on a really long vacation :). I struggled a bit my first winter but by the spring I had fallen in love with it. I still think of it as one of my best life experiences. If you ever want some encouragement or advice etc. if you decide to go that route let me know. Scotland is absolutely stunning and the people are probably the nicest people you’ll find anywhere.

Also, I have a really really solid application (I’m the head statistician for an artificial intelligence company specializing in animal nutrition etc.) and I just got flat out rejected from UF so I know how you feel. Head up. Forward. You got this.

Reactions: 2 users
No news is good news at this point from anywhere you haven't heard from! So you still have quite a few chances!

The best suggestions I have is to 1) continue improving your application in case you need to reapply, 2) consider changing up your school list based on file review feedback, and 3) distract yourself. This is the long haul of the cycle and personally the worst part. I took 3 application cycles to finally get 1 acceptance. So I feel you. Just gotta feel your emotions, and then keep on keeping on.
I keep telling myself the same thing about no news is good news. I still have yet to hear from multiple schools and I’m trying to make myself feel better, since I’m pretty stressed. I’m glad someone is saying the same thing😂

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Don’t look a gift horse in the mouth is the saying. Wait til end of cycle, but as far as afraid to adapt, that is what makes this profession and even getting through anything in life. People cannot make it if they put limits on themselves. Build your self confidence through strife and you’ll find you have everything needed to succeed.

Reactions: 3 users