This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Whats your status for the duke mbs program>

• accepted! Yupppeee!!!! :)

Votes: 5 16.1%
  • rejected!! #heartbroken :(

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • deferred! #fingerscrossed :/

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • didnt apply. -_-

Votes: 14 45.2%
  • waiting #ticktock

Votes: 6 19.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Same

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I thought they had said March 15th. Has anyone from regular decision heard back?

I have friends who applied for regular review that are still waiting as well. I thought regular review applicants would receive decisions on a rolling basis until May 10th? Atleast that's what their website said. Was it Jeremy at the office that said it'd be March 15th instead??

Last edited:
Yep, it does say Rolling admissions until the 10th of May.

The soonest anyone from regular review would hear back would be March 15th. Anyone have any idea to how many applicants they have each year and how many are accepted?

Yeah, I applied about a month and a half before the final deadline and haven't received a response, but I'm not surprised at this point. I guess I'll have to continue fantasizing about the phone call :rolleyes:

Anyways for those that asked, I'm graduating from a Virginia state school, bio and neuro major, 3.80 cGPA, ton of research experience with two papers beings considered for publication (I initially wanted to go the PhD route), but limited clinical/volunteer experience. I've been a UTA for freshmen bio classes and an RA for 2 years each and involved with a couple campus organizations. That's about it :)

Anyone else??

So I was accepted into Georgetown's MS in Physiology program and I have to secure my spot by April 15th. What do you guys think I should do? Idk because i didn't know it could be unti May 10th that I hear back from Duke.

So I was accepted into Georgetown's MS in Physiology program and I have to secure my spot by April 15th. What do you guys think I should do? Idk because i didn't know it could be unti May 10th that I hear back from Duke.
Pay the deposit. If you get into duke you'll just have the deposit to lose.

Reactions: 1 user
I agree with dr.burns. at the end of the day you will be investing so much money- a deposit is almost nothing.

If you have a full month to wait still, I don't see the benefit in jumping the gun and making a decision now. Wait until there's a few days left before the April 15th deadline and see what happens.
I'm holding off on committing to Loyola MAMS until I hear back from Duke, just so I don't commit to anything unnecessarily prematurely.

Thanks for the advice everyone! I will probably wait until a few days before to pay the deposit. I just can't believe they're potentially making us wait until May!!! That's just crazy to me lol

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, I applied about a month and a half before the final deadline and haven't received a response, but I'm not surprised at this point. I guess I'll have to continue fantasizing about the phone call :rolleyes:

Anyways for those that asked, I'm graduating from a Virginia state school, bio and neuro major, 3.80 cGPA, ton of research experience with two papers beings considered for publication (I initially wanted to go the PhD route), but limited clinical/volunteer experience. I've been a UTA for freshmen bio classes and an RA for 2 years each and involved with a couple campus organizations. That's about it :)

Anyone else??

MY APPLICATION WAS COMPLETE & SUBMITTED 11/28. CGPA 3.57> DEFERRED TO REGULAR RVW..& THE WAIT GAME CONTINUES

Hi everyone!

Just wanted to leave a reminder here that application decisions are on a rolling basis now till May 10th. I know firsthand just how excruciating waiting for a decision is but I also hope you all can temper that anxiety knowing that just because you haven't heard back yet doesn't mean anything in regards to your chances of a yes or a no. If you all have any questions I am more then happy to help answer them as well.

Cheers!

I'm so nervous waiting for regular decision! I called the dept and they said we would find out March 15 So soon!!! Who else is waiting for regular decision?
Have you heard back?

I'm starting to get a little worried :/
This thread is so silent.......

Last edited:
Hi everyone!

Just wanted to leave a reminder here that application decisions are on a rolling basis now till May 10th. I know firsthand just how excruciating waiting for a decision is but I also hope you all can temper that anxiety knowing that just because you haven't heard back yet doesn't mean anything in regards to your chances of a yes or a no. If you all have any questions I am more then happy to help answer them as well.

Cheers!
This is the only program I applied to, & haven't heard back yet. Should I fill out a FAFSA anyway? or should I wait until I hear back?

I would suggest you fill it out ASAP because the deadline to submit is April 15th. Good luck with everything !
okay, thank you so much! I have completed it, will submit it tonight!!!

I gave up my seat a few days ago, so to those of you waiting it's not over yet! :) Good luck everyone!!

Hello everyone! I am an MBS alumnus from the inaugural class and would love to answer any questions about the program. Hopefully some of the current students will chime in on this thread too. The application opens up tomorrow, November 14th, at 8:00am.

This program is one of a kind, with an encompassing curriculum that allows its students to explore a broad range of venues within the healthcare environment. It is for you if you are looking to go medical school, and it is for you if you are NOT looking to go to medical school. I will leave describing the program in further detail to the program website and for any of the current students to elaborate on.

Housing is relatively cheap in Durham, which itself is an awesome "small" southern town. If you are open to room mates you can be housed with utilities for ~550 a person in a 2/2 near campus and cheaper if a little further away. Duke has a bus system that goes off campus and Durham has a good public bus system as well. I put small in quotes there because Durham is growing, and rapidly. If someone came back to downtown Durham who had last been there 7-9 years ago they would be amazed. Lots of restaurants, cultures, and history.

Success rate: Duke MBS is brand spanking new! So please be cognizant of the fact that our data set is still growing. We have one class that has graduated and class #2 currently enrolled. Out of our inaugural class, 4 people out of 31 went into either dental or medical school right after the program, having had a successful application cycle while enrolled in the program. The multitude of people I still stay in contact with who applied this year have had a slew of interviews and will probably end up with multiple acceptances by March. Others have pursued positions in research and are doing incredible there too. Lots of us also have jobs during this "gap year" after MBS and those jobs are at least partially attributable to the Master's degree we earned. This program helps you become a very competent professional who is ready to take the next step on your path in healthcare, and that will come through in your apps and your interviews. It has for mine!

I will say that we had double the number of applications last year and will definitely have more this year. Good luck everyone!
Matriculating this year (class of 2022)! Could you speak about the financial aid that’s offered? On average, how much of the cost of attendance do merit and need-based scholarships cover?