MD & DO Edit list? 3.9 GPA, 3.8 sGPA, 26 MCAT, Colombian

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AggieNation90

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
--

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I'd take a chance with the MD schools in your state. There are probs a dozen other people in your shoes thinking of dropping them like you.

Reactions: 1 user
Suggest those UT schools that have a floor as low as your MCAT and any DO school. Your 26 is rather lethal for MD schools, but being a Texan will help.

I know my MCAT is bad... I looked at MSAR's 10-90 percentiles and most Texas schools (except UTSW, UT Houston, and Baylor) begin at 26. Should I even waste my time applying to them or just apply to more DO schools? The reason I'm not retaking is because my AAMC avg was around 27-28, and I figured applying very early with a 26 may be more beneficial than a late application with a 27.[/QUOTE]

Members don't see this ad :)
I applied with similar stats last year and got an MD acceptance. I wouldn't be surprised if you got a few MD + a few DO interviews, most of the schools missions seek to promote diversity as well as physicians who want to work with the underserved. Having a great deal of service in this area will help tremendously, it proves that you genuinely want to serve in those areas, opposed to just writing what schools want to hear and having no experience to back it up like many do.