Educational Poster Presentation Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gandolf

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm an m2 student at a school in SoCal and I was told by a doctor practicing in the field I'm interested in that I should try to present an educational poster at a conference. I've heard of educational poster presentations at research conferences, but I don't really know what that means. Is there a difference between presenting a poster with research that you have worked on and presenting an educational poster? Isn't the point of every poster to be educational?

Members don't see this ad.

He almost certainly meant a research poster containing original research, not just an educational poster.

If you're interested in trying research, step 1 is finding a research mentor in the field you're interested in. They can then lead you through the rest of that process.

Reactions: 1 users
Hard to know the exact context based on your post, but there are posters on *educational projects* as opposed to clinical or basic science research. It is a subset of research, not a poster intended to *educate* people about a topic. Though some conferences have poster sessions that are about case reports rather than full projects, intended for trainees to discuss a relatively rare presentation of disease or a rare disease.

The educational projects are typically something like 'we did a needs-assessment and demonstrated that this topic is not currently taught well' or 'we implemented this curriculum and this is how it was received'.

Reactions: 1 users