Effectiveness of "advanced nootropic formula" supplement

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EMT313

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am posting this thread to seek advice in taking something called "Nirvana". It is an "advanced nootropic formula" supplement made by a company called American Muscle and claims to support neuron health, brain function, enhance cognition and give "hyper focus".
What are the opinions on this product? Based on what is in it, do you think it will actually help enhance cognition and help with studying, or am I just wasting my money? Also please support your opinion with why.

It contains:
Vitimin C (150 mg)
Thiamine (100mg)
Niacin (20mg)
Vitamin B6 (2mg)
Folate (200mg)
VitaminB12 (250mg)

For cognitive cholinergic support:
Citicoline (as citicoline sodium)
Choline Bitartrate
Phosphatidylcholine
DMAE (as Dimethylaminoethanol Bitarate)
L-Theanine
Huperzia serrata Club Moss Extract (std min. 1% Huperzine A)

For cerebro-vascular reserve technology:
Acetyl L-Carnitine HCl
Bacopa Monnieri Herb extract
Picamilon (Nicotinoyl-GABA)
Mucuna pruriens Extract (L-Dopa)
Pterostilbene
Vinpocentine 10mg

Members don't see this ad.

Vitamin B6 supports neurons, but 2mg is an extremely low dose. I don't recognize anything else as being notable for cognition offhand.

Reactions: 1 user
Doesn't all food/nutrients support brain health?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Who knows? There are no requirements for safety/effectiveness to be done on this kind of thing. I'm not aware of any studies being done on most of the ingredients in your "Nirvana", so there is no way to know if you are wasting your money or not. (although chances are, you probably are wasting your money

Sounds shady to me. Though I'm not a huge fan of most supplements (see above ^^).

Eat a balanced diet, exercise, and get enough sleep for better cognition. Also, studying right before bedtime is supposed to aid in memory retention.

If you were trying to defeat the Elite Four, it sounds like you've got yourself quite the squad.