EIS 2022

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I think interviews are starting tomorrow, so best of luck! Hope that you all rock it <3

Also, if anyone has an EIS position book for 2020 roles (not this most recent year but the year before that), I'd love to take a peek. My guess is that local/state departments tend to flip-flop each year (i.e., if Delaware was assigned an EISO in 2020, then that position would become available again in 2022). I'm curious to see what is likely to be available for the incoming class.

If anyone is looking to practice a few questions together, feel free to reach out :D

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I think interviews are starting tomorrow, so best of luck! Hope that you all rock it <3

Also, if anyone has an EIS position book for 2020 roles (not this most recent year but the year before that), I'd love to take a peek. My understanding is that local/state departments tend to flip-flop each year (i.e., if Delaware was assigned an EISO in 2020, then that position would become available again in 2022). I'm curious to see what is likely to be available for the incoming class.

If anyone is looking to practice a few questions together, feel free to reach out :D
Good luck to you as well! This is not exactly what you are looking for, but google led me to a 2016 match book- may be somewhat helpful for you to get a sense of what is out there.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Looking at past years, especially 2021, probably right at the start of October is when they'll do the calls. Last year it was the first friday of October, the 2nd, so I'd wager they go out either this Friday or possibly Monday depending on how long their internal process takes. At least compared to last year it looks to occur on a friday similar to the interview emails. Could take longer. I saw some from earlier years (mid-10s) where they got calls around Thanksgiving.

Reactions: 1 users
Hmm, I remember them telling us that they would tell us before October 1st. Can others confirm, they did say that, correct?

I still haven't heard anything yet--- fingers crossed it is soon! Is everyone else extremely anxiously waiting?

Someone who interviewed the same day as me got their call around 1 eastern. Haven't heard anything on my end and don't know if all calls go out in a single day.

On when they would make the calls, my notes have them saying it'd be by early october when results came out. The person who got their call said based on the conversation he had, he felt they should get back to everyone by Monday, but again not sure if that's those who were selected only or those who are waitlisted and rejected as well.

Last edited:
Oh wow! So I guess calls are going out right now? Fingers crossed.

Apparently. I don't know if they do it in one swoop or if it might be over a couple days. Looking at the old forum some went out on the first last year, but an officer I talked to said he learned of his acceptance on the 2nd so maybe some hope left?

I doubt that they can make all the calls in one day but who knows. If any of yall have received a call, did they give you more info?

As mentioned prior, The only sense the person I spoke to got is that they should be done by Monday, but what that means regarding calls I don't know.

Hi! I got the call earlier today. I was too surprised to really ask any more information unfortunately, so I don't have much to share! Good luck to everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi! I got the call earlier today. I was too surprised to really ask any more information unfortunately, so I don't have much to share! Good luck to everyone!
Odd question, has there been a change to your status in their application website? Just wondering if that propagates down the line

Odd question, has there been a change to your status in their application website? Just wondering if that propagates down the line
Nope! Still says "EIS Writing Sample Complete" and no email yet either.

Nope! Still says "EIS Writing Sample Complete" and no email yet either.
I'll take that as a faint hope remains. It seemed like they did it in one go last year but I know this class is supposed to be notably larger.

I'll take that as a faint hope remains. It seemed like they did it in one go last year but I know this class is supposed to be notably larger.
yes- they did say that to me on the call! I wish I had other information to share. Good luck!!

yes- they did say that to me on the call! I wish I had other information to share. Good luck!!
Part of me kind of wishes they just flicked a switch for the website. I know the calls are kind of traditional but it is kind of an excruciating wait since the timeline isn't very clear.

Anybody get a rejection yet? I haven’t heard anything and the wait is killing me so I’m still hopeful haha

looks like waitlist emails are out! Does anyone know what the likelihood of being accepted after the waitlist? I see there is pre-match and am hopeful for that. But I am also curious about how often additional positions in the normal class are made available.

Rejection email here. I am so surprised as was waitlisted and had five prematch interviews last year. I had some bad news right before my interview, so may not have been on my best form this time. Anyway, time to start a new plan… Or maybe I shouldn’t give up!

To those who got in this year… HUGE congratulations to you! Enjoy what will be an incredible two years ⭐️

Last edited:
Hello again, everyone! I hope that your applications are going well. Can anyone share with me what you will see when a recommendation goes in? Will there be something that says "received" or something? Do I have to have submitted my application to see that sort of information? Thank you!
Hey there! I don’t know how to send private messages but I was wondering if you’ve applied a few times? I got to interview twice now but no luck… perhaps as I’m international. Wondering if you’ve any tips to share? Thanks!

Also got a rejection email. Congrats to those accepted and even waitlisted! I am super bummed but hoping to reapply next year. Any any advice from those accepted this year who had been declined in the past?

Rejection as well. I have worked as a mid-level epi for almost three years so I think they may have felt others would benefit from the training more, but that could also be coping. Do have some doors opening up regarding other positions so I wish those who got in well. We'll all go where we need to be.

For future applicants this is what the timeline seems to be gauged on this year. Calls will go out to those fully accepted on the Thursday before final decisions are e-mailed, just shy of two weeks from the last interview date. For now this seems to be right at the end of September/start of October but dates shifting around could change that. Emails came out around noon the day after calls were made.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Hi everyone, do you know how long it usually takes to get prematch results out? Also, I heard that they waitlisted about 50 people and accepted 60, has anyone heard anything similar?

Hi everyone, do you know how long it usually takes to get prematch results out? Also, I heard that they waitlisted about 50 people and accepted 60, has anyone heard anything similar?
Hello, I'm glad someone else is wondering about pre-match. I don't know any exact details on the number waitlisted or how long it takes to get pre-match results, but in the info-session they said it would be mid-November which makes me think it will be this week.

well the application eis site is down, which make me think that they are working on it as we speak

Still haven't heard anything yet about pre-match. I feel like we're approaching the end of mid-November. I'm wondering if they will just email everyone at once or if people who matched will hear first.