EK vs Kaplan?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Meowster007

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello I was going to do some content base knowledge prep for my MCAT. Was wondering should I go with EK or Kaplan? I have seen the material before so it wont be my first go around.

Members don't see this ad.

I recently started studying with the most recent Kaplan edition (2020-2021) and I've looked through the Bio, orgo, biochem, and physics books so far. I'm pretty confident in these topics except for physics. It's been a while since I took that class and I've very deficient when it comes to physics. Because of this, I had a really hard time studying physics with the Kaplan books. Khan academy helped a little but I'm considering getting TBR for physics. As for the other books, I have a pretty solid foundation so I'm happy with those subjects and how they're discussed in the books.

Kaplan doesn't go very in-depth. If you need in-depth and really heavy content review, I would not go with Kaplan. I can't speak for other books because I don't have experience but I've heard good things about TBR especially for B/B and C/P.

Reactions: 1 user
Hello I was going to do some content base knowledge prep for my MCAT. Was wondering should I go with EK or Kaplan? I have seen the material before so it wont be my first go around.

EK is better for learning and mastering test taking strategies and doing a lot of practice passages.

Reactions: 1 users