Electronic Transcripts received?? (i.e. UT Austin)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

txguy

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anybody not received a Transcript Receipt from AMCAS from instutions (such as UT Austin) that send them electronically?

UT said that I did not need to send them a Transcript Request form, nor was there any place on their screen to input my AAMC ID, because they send them electronically.

AMCAS received all of my transcripts from my other schools, which incidentally did not send them electronically.

Anybody else have this problem or can anyone shed any light?

Thanks in advance!

-tx

Members don't see this ad.

I went to the registrar on Friday, May 28th and AMCAS sent me an email on June 2nd saying they had received the transcript on June 1st. You could try calling the registrar's office.

penguinol said:
I went to the registrar on Friday, May 28th and AMCAS sent me an email on June 2nd saying they had received the transcript on June 1st. You could try calling the registrar's office.

Did they send it electronically? Did you provide an AAMC ID or Transcript Request Form?

-tx

Members don't see this ad :)
txguy said:
Did they send it electronically? Did you provide an AAMC ID or Transcript Request Form?

-tx

Yes, they sent it electronically; No, I didn't provide my AAMC ID and they also told me the transcript request form printed from the AMCAS application was unnecessary.

I just called the UT Transcript office and all they could tell me was that my transcript was sent to TMDSAS and AMCAS. I just found it weird that other schools already received the transcripts but none from UT!

Thanks for the responses!

-tx

I made them send a hard copy to AMCAS because of the Transcript Request Form. I didn't want to take any chances with my transcript being "misplaced". On second thought, doing it electronically would minimize the chance of that happening. Oh well, piece of mind.

Why does UT insist on the $10 fee even if the transcript is sent electronically. It's not like it costs them anything to do it.

I'm sure they have some secret committee brainstorming as many possible ways to screw us students. :> but on the realistic side, they have salaries to pay.

I feel bad posting this here, but can any of you help me with selecting a testing site? Was the UT test site any good? Comments, big desks or little, quiet or loud, hot or cold. Anything will help and good luck with the transcripts.

I thought it was fine. They were held at the UTC (University Teaching Center). The tables were continuous rows. They spaced everyone about 10 feet from each other, plenty of working space. It might have been a bit on the cold side - or maybe that was the anxiety breaking in. Good lighting and a clock in the room. I was never distracted by any noise.