EM clerkship..plz help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RayanaMD

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey there,
I'm an internatioal student and i'd like to do clerkship or shadowing in EM in vancouvr city
What is the best hospital wher i can see plenty differant cases and procedures, welcomimg friendly staff and good teaching
I was thinking in VGH what do you think?
Could you suggest some docs name who are nice, patient and have passion to teach so i can email one of them to supervise me

Members don't see this ad.

I would recommend that if you're an IMG, you would do well to start contacting every program for which you can find email information on their medical student education page and reaching out to them. You're asking for a lot from a limited pool of places at which to rotate, in a desirable location. You need to start casting a wider net. You're not going to have the chance to call your rotation shots like you're trying to right now.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
thank you very much!
since i don't meet the requirements of elective program at UBC, I'm coming as independent visitor through physicians and surgeons collage.. I've already e-mailed them and i meet the requirements but they said that I need to find a doctor to supervise me by myself.. "I'll be under her/his responsibility".. that's why i'm asking about names.. if anyone can help?

Your best bet is still to go on the website and email people directly. You aren't going to find the information you're looking for here.