EM/IM applicant interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

milablade

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Now. I 've been waiting for someone to break the ice but I can no longer wait. Now don't tell me I 'm the only one who applied to EM/IM.....not that I would have a problem with that! As a matter of fact I 'll very much prefer that! :D

So.......anybody got invites for interviews. I have everything except dean's letter....applied to 10 of the 11 programs......not one interview yet! I definitely will start applying to EM and IM programs if no EM/IM interview in a week. Someone respond........please.........

Members don't see this ad.

Most programs will wait for the Dean's letter before sending out invites. I suggest you wait a week or so after the release (Nov 1, I think) before making any major decisions.

Feel free to e-mail the PDs asking if they are sending out invites yet, if you want info straight from the horses mouths.

Sure I will start...

EM/IM

Carolina
-East Carolina: vtucci

Pennsylvania
-Allegheny: vtucci

Members don't see this ad :)
Delaware
-Christiana: vtucci

Carolina

Pennsylvania

Delaware

Maryland
-UMaryland- vtucci

North Carolina

Pennsylvania

Howelljolly- I appreciate it when others post so I know when they heard and can judge things accordingly. If the OP only applied to EM/IM programs, she may want to add EM and/or IM categorical programs.

Also, I had to cancel/not book UIC and Henry Ford due to conflicts. I try to respond as quickly as possible so another deserving candidate can get the nod. I am thinking good thoughts for the OP.

Delaware

Illinois
-UIC: vtucci

Maryland
-UMaryland: vtucci

Michigan
Henry Ford: vtucci

New York
Albert Einstein at Long Island Jewish: vtucci

North Carolina

Pennsylvania

Howelljolly- I appreciate it when others post so I know when they heard and can judge things accordingly. If the OP only applied to EM/IM programs, she may want to add EM and/or IM categorical programs.

Also, I had to cancel/not book UIC and Henry Ford due to conflicts. I try to respond as quickly as possible so another deserving candidate can get the nod. I am thinking good thoughts for the OP.

Im just teasing. congrats on so many interviews.

Thanks. I am looking forward to seeing you all on the interview trail. Good luck with your interviews!!;)

Hello I very much would love to work in a combined program too. I have applied in IM/EM last year I applied too, but there was no luck, I am an FMG, tell me what else to do.. I tired calling a few of the programs especiallyt eh IM/EM ones are extremely competitive.. ://

Any ideas or luck?

Apparently in general, combined programs are not IMG/FMG friendly. But med-peds are getting easier to find.