EM ITE study tips

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jakomo

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Intern here. With ITE coming up I was looking to get some advice on how to best prepare. I wasn't able to find any recent posts on it.

Currently using Rosh. Any additional sources?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Multiple choice exams are a game. The best way to do well on a game is to play it often. Just stick with Rosh, read the explanations, and read up on topics you find you're doing particularly poorly in your reference of choice.

Reactions: 1 user
Multiple choice exams are a game. The best way to do well on a game is to play it often. Just stick with Rosh, read the explanations, and read up on topics you find you're doing particularly poorly in your reference of choice.

Tried and true.
I could play some video games with my eyes closed (Blasphemous, I'm looking at you).
Same strategy.

Members don't see this ad :)
Chug through as many Rosh as possible. Between the diagrams and the explanations, it's all you need assuming you do most of the Qbank. If you're consistently bombing one topic, consider reading the associated chapters in Tintinalli/Rosen. Also, the Rosh score predictions are shockingly accurate. Of the actual scores I remember (including my actual written boards), they were always within three points of the Rosh prediction.

Last edited:
I'm a big fan of using Rosh for both long term retention as well as in crunch time. For long-term studying, doing just 5-10 questions a day and really trying to learn from the answers will allow you to learn a ton of pearls that frequently come up on EM exams. The problem of always waiting to study a month before the exam and do "all of rosh" approach is that its unlikely you will remember much from reading the answers when you are doing 100 questions at a time.

Reactions: 2 users