EM Research

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BruceWilly

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'll be finishing an MPH during my third year of medical school and will have to do a research project. I would like to keep it as relevant as possible to EM. Any ideas? Flow issues, costs, policy, surveys, etc. Are there any questions you guys have that could be answered with enough grunt work? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I am completing my MPH right now (between M2/M3) and am writing my thesis on Outcomes of injury using EMS factors. There are state and national databases you can data-mine to complete epidemiological studies related to EMS if that suits your interests, and really, in my experience, the key is talking to some EM folks at your institution who have their MPH or who are in your area of interest to get ideas/mentorship. Really any sort of system-based study could be fair game, as long as you link that system to public health and your MPH program requirements. I'm sure you could also use surveys, investigate costs, or link policy to outcomes if you frame it the right way. Just my 2 cents, best of luck!