Emory University School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
S

SDN-Jim

Emory University
1440 Clifton Road, N.E.
Atlanta, GA 30322-4510
Admissions: (404) 727-5660 http://www.emory.edu/WHSC/MED/med.html

Deadline: 10/15

Tuition: about $25,000
Number of Students: around 500

Average MCAT: typically 9.5-10.5

Please post any experiences you have with this school.

This is part of the big guide at http://www.studentdoctor.net

Members don't see this ad.

I had mixed feelings about this school after my interview. Of course, Emory is known for its great clinical preparation (via Grady Hospital)...what I did not know is that the school is located like 20 minutes away from Grady. The hospital at Emory doesn't really compare with Grady...Emory's in a BEAUTIFUL area of Atlanta.

The panel interview was an interesting setup...best way to prepare for it is to just know your application and not get intimidated by the answers of your fellow interviewees...of course, everyone who interviews at Emory is well-qualified for medical school.

The student body is small (100 or so) and quite friendly. The grading system is A/B/C/D/F...although the students say that competition isn't too fierce and that everyone is happy with a "B," I can't imagine too many not gunning for the "A" during rotations... I'm not a big fan of letter grading systems.

I was accepted soon after my interview (they let you know quite quickly if you've been accepted), but probably won't attend unless I receive a Woodruff Fellowship -- Emory gives full-tuition scholarships to 5 lucky members of the entering class based on merit...like all admitted don't have plenty of that
smile.gif

Emory has a great reputation and plenty of money...check it out for yourself...(they have a great MD/MPH program as well)... Emory rubs different people different ways; it all depends what you're looking for in a medical education.

AAATCHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
UNIVERSITY OF MICHIGAN '04 (for now)