Emory

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

crazyforbabies

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all....

I was wondering if any Emory med students could share their ObGyn experiences? Wasn't able to do an elective and wanted to see how things are from the students' perspective. Yanno, the residents, relationship with attendings, workload etc etc. Even if you didn't go to school there but maybe rotated there for an away or heard stuff etc. I think it may be helpful

Please PM me if you don't want to put it out in the forums...I'd soo appreciate it!

Members don't see this ad.

I interviewed there and really liked it. Probably one of the few remaining academic county experiences available to OBGYN residents. Interviewers were slightly odd, and the chair did not have a good answer to why Emory residents cannot match into Oncology fellowship. Residents were really nice, diverse, and seemed to have fun together outside the hospital. Somen nice hospital facilities and it's hard to beat Atlanta weather and cost of living. I met 2 Medical students from Emory. Both loved their rotation and are considering staying. However, they did mention there has been a lot of recent turnover in staff; some even made parallel moves to less prestigious academic institutions.