employment@hospital w/direct medical school ties

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

southpawcannon

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am currently employed at a hospital in a city that has a branch campus(for 3rd and 4th yrs)of a state medical school. I have quality experiences and longevity in the medical field already, along with many positive references from physicians and supervisors. Would relocating to work at a state school's hospital to work be seen as nothing more than ass - kissing, or could it be an opportunity for me to network more and for me to shine as someone who 'should - be a physician' ?

Members don't see this ad.

I expect that would be transparent and not helpful.
12e902cee23ad22d3e569cbeb12fd27eabc610183146970e34f3ddfe860201d6.jpg
search

Reactions: 1 users
It won't help you admissions-wise unless you meet and get to know someone who's on the Adcom. Working in any clinical endeavor, no matter where it is, is always good.

I am currently employed at a hospital in a city that has a branch campus(for 3rd and 4th yrs)of a state medical school. I have quality experiences and longevity in the medical field already, along with many positive references from physicians and supervisors. Would relocating to work at a state school's hospital to work be seen as nothing more than ass - kissing, or could it be an opportunity for me to network more and for me to shine as someone who 'should - be a physician' ?