Emt Survey question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kimberelli

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a friend that works in California as an EMT for a private transport company. He said that his company calls clients that they have transported and surveys them. Is this standard? Do all priavate companies do this? What kinds of questions do they ask?
Just curious.
Kimberly

Members don't see this ad.

Ours has had surveys in the past. And they ask questions about how they were treated from the moment they called 911 until they reached the hospital. I don't know if they still do it or not. But it has been done.

The private company I work for mails out surveys on a regular basis. Among the questions are: Did the ambulance arrive on time? (scheduled trips), Was the crew dressed professionally? How was the driving? Did the crew treat you professionally? Would you use "company" again? Would you recommend "company" to others?

There are a couple of other questions, but right off the top of my head, I can't remember them. Some companies use these surveys for determining raises. Ours doesn't. They get posted on the bulletin board where you can look through them at leisure. If someone gets a really bad evaluation, they will pull up the run report and call you in for a chat about it.

Amy

Members don't see this ad :)
Sometimes I wish my company would have done this back when I was working. My dispatchers definitely knew that my partner and I did good work, but it would have been nice to get direct feedback once in a while. And it would have cut out a lot of the junk/lack of professionalism that can occur. I think people would be more responsible and cognizant of their actions.

your friend may be speaking of the Press-Gainey survey's. It's a qualitative survey for overall service provided. The last two employers I have worked for uses them. It's a hosptial wide thing. Everyone that is treated gets one. That may be it.

-dgmedic

Aw stoner...don't pick a fight. Go study.

Our agency sends out surveys on CP pts. A copy goes in our file and a copy goes to the medic. It's nice to get a pat on the back.