This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bsneuroscience

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took 2 semesters of dual enrollment English in high school and they also transferred to my university from the community college. They were both 100 level classes and are called English composition 1/ English composition 2. I was wondering if these classes would be okay to fulfill most med school's requirement of 1 year of English?

I have already taken a writing-intensive seminar class for my major under the neuroscience department, and several other writing/research-intensive classes under my school's honors college department- so those classes in high school weren't my only writing-intensive classes. Should I take more English classes under the English department or is what I have now enough?

Members don't see this ad.

I took 2 semesters of dual enrollment English in high school and they also transferred to my university from the community college. They were both 100 level classes and are called English composition 1/ English composition 2. I was wondering if these classes would be okay to fulfill most med school's requirement of 1 year of English?

I have already taken a writing-intensive seminar class for my major under the neuroscience department, and several other writing/research-intensive classes under my school's honors college department- so those classes in high school weren't my only writing-intensive classes. Should I take more English classes under the English department or is what I have now enough?
It is very school specific, but you should be more than fine between one year of basic English that transferred from HS plus the several writing intensive college courses. Either by itself should be enough, so I don't see why you'd have to take more, although the only authoritative answer would come from the schools themselves.