Physics prereq track?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jaytner

Reaction score
Hi everyone, hope yall are having a good day.
I’m going through my registration for next semester and had a question.
My school has two physics track
Phys 2414&2424 (physics for life sciences major)
Phys 2514&2524 (physics for engineering majors)

I took Phys 2514 (even tho I got 4 on AP physics and had credit for the first one; I forgot everything and I didn’t want to fail physics ii). But for next semester, I was planning to take PHYS 2424 because it works better for my schedule.

One of my advisors told me that this is possible, but I should check with a pre-med advisor since some medical schools might not want to see lower course code in one track.

So I emailed my pre-med advisor and she told me that “generally the students will take one physics track or the other, not one from each track”. But what I really wanted to know is, how this is going to affect the prereq for medical schools. Is this something that I should try to avoid?; is this a dealbreaker/would it negatively affect my chances of getting in?

I’d appreciate if someone could answer this honestly.
Thank you !!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone, hope yall are having a good day.
I’m going through my registration for next semester and had a question.
My school has two physics track
Phys 2414&2424 (physics for life sciences major)
Phys 2514&2524 (physics for engineering majors)

I took Phys 2514 (even tho I got 4 on AP physics and had credit for the first one; I forgot everything and I didn’t want to fail physics ii). But for next semester, I was planning to take PHYS 2424 because it works better for my schedule.

One of my advisors told me that this is possible, but I should check with a pre-med advisor since some medical schools might not want to see lower course code in one track.

So I emailed my pre-med advisor and she told me that “generally the students will take one physics track or the other, not one from each track”. But what I really wanted to know is, how this is going to affect the prereq for medical schools. Is this something that I should try to avoid?; is this a dealbreaker/would it negatively affect my chances of getting in?

I’d appreciate if someone could answer this honestly.
Thank you !!
My question is whether it affects your progress to degree. It seems weird that you would go from engineering physics to science physics for degree purposes but not for prehealth requirements as far as I can tell.

My question is whether it affects your progress to degree. It seems weird that you would go from engineering physics to science physics for degree purposes but not for prehealth requirements as far as I can tell.

Hi, thanks for answering the question.

I asked my degree advisor first and she said there’s no problem with it but to check with my pre-med advisor since this might not be preferred.
I just would have a really terrible schedule if I take the engineering one so I would prefer it if I take the life sciences one.

Reactions: 1 user
It probably won't make an impact; you're still checking off the pre-req box.