English Requirement

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KHANSAHAAB

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

I was wondering if D-schools are adament about their English requirements. The thing is I'd much rather take a full course credit in literature as oppose to composition. Most schools require composition. So I was hoping some of the more experienced SDNers can give me advice on this subject.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I would say you have no choice but to take the composition. Dental schools are not going to make an exception.

Members don't see this ad :)
Before listening to SDN suggestion, try calling schools!

Since they are the ones who made the requirements they will able to tell you if you can take comp or other more exciting English classes.

Many schools have admissions counselors or people that can help you clarify the requirements including English.

KHANSAHAAB said:
Hey all,

I was wondering if D-schools are adament about their English requirements. The thing is I'd much rather take a full course credit in literature as oppose to composition. Most schools require composition. So I was hoping some of the more experienced SDNers can give me advice on this subject.

Thanks

Call the schools to be safe. I placed out of english composition and fulfilled my requirements with literature and literary theory courses and that fact was never raised in any of my interviews.