Entering GPA On AADSAS Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OntheCusp2016

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all,
Thanks in advance for answering what is probably a dumb question. My university uses GPA instead of grades. So when it is time to enter my grades onto AADSAS, will I just enter the gpa I earned for each class? For example, If I earned a 3.9 for organic laboratory, I would just enter 3.9, correct?
Thank you!
PS I downloaded the ADEA conversion chart, which shows how to convert grades to gpa, but I didn't see mention of what to do if only gpa is given.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I don't know if there is an option to put GPA instead of letter grade.
I thought it was just a+/a/a-/B+/B/B- etc, etc. I could hasve missed it, but that's what i saw.

You can only enter the course letter grade and the credit hours for each course.

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't know if there is an option to put GPA instead of letter grade.
I thought it was just a+/a/a-/B+/B/B- etc, etc. I could hasve missed it, but that's what i saw.
Same. I would contact AADSAS directly about this because I honestly can't think of an answer.

I think you'll have to translate it to the appropriate letter grade? I know I had to do some calculations because I went to quarter and semester system based schools. Regardless, what we put in shouldn't matter since AADSAS will be handling the final details...I think.

Thank you for the responses. I called AADSAS and the person I spoke with said he was not sure what to do but thought that my school would have instructions on converting the gpa they provide to corresponding letter grades. Sure enough, there are guidelines on the back of our transcripts for converting gpa to letter grades. It looks like this will be my procedure for AADSAS: If, say, I earned a 3.9 for a course, then I will convert this to an A using my transcript guidelines, then reconvert this to a 4.0 on AADSAS. To me this feels like inaccurately reporting a grade, but because it is impossible to report gpa, this is the only option I see. Would have been easier if I could have 4.0d everything---dang ochem lab!

Last edited: