ERAS Application costs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ObGyn

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know for sure how much it cost to apply to a program??

Also, is this cost the same for all specialties?

(I am not asking for the cost to rank programs, but rather the cost for each individual applications)

thank you

Members don't see this ad.

Copied from the website:

ERAS processing fees are based on the number of programs selected per specialty. MyERAS automatically calculates your fees and you can pay right online. AAMC Fees are the same for all ERAS applicants. The processing fee for AAMC is based on the number of applications per specialty.

UP to 10 $60
11 - 20 $8 each
21-30 $15 each
31 or more $25

They also add on $50 to get your scores from USMLE and another $50 for COMLEX.

Oh yeah, don't forget to add in the additional fee for the match...thats a whole seperate entity so they charge you in addition to what you pay ERAS. Nice, right?

I have a question, do any of your schools charge you to transmit information? I just found out that my school has a $60 fee for this. I was sort of disgusted by that for some reason. Its like nobody can let a chance to suck us dry go by. What can you do though? Rrrrr! I'm so annoyed at how much this whole process is going to cost!!

Your costs don't end there. NRMP is $65. If you do an early match, like San Francisco $100, or Urology $75. And then you have the pleasure to pay for all the hotel rooms and plane tickets to fly back and forth while interviewing. My school charged $5 to upload the transcipt, everything else was free. The whole process put me back around 2 grand, but I matched so I guess it was all worth it.

don't forget that ranking more than 15 places will cost you $30 for each additional rank... I went on 20 or so interviews but only ranked 15 places b/c of this... the 5 extra ranks was not worth $150... the whole process is bs... especially step 2 CS... what a crock of crap...

GoPistons said:
don't forget that ranking more than 15 places will cost you $30 for each additional rank... I went on 20 or so interviews but only ranked 15 places b/c of this... the 5 extra ranks was not worth $150... the whole process is bs... especially step 2 CS... what a crock of crap...

AGREED. FXXX THEIR THEIVING A$$E$--THIS IS LIKE PAYING TO GET WHIPPED INTO SLAVERY (RESIDENCY). ENJOY YOUR LASHING :scared: