Escape from Alcatr....er CVS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tired RPharmD

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just accepted an offer for a FT retail position in a big box store that matches my current salary at CVS gives me 3 weeks vacation right off the bat, 30 minute lunch a day, no drive through, and 80 percent less metrics bullshiit. Oh and they are closed on holidays. Merry Christmas to me. My relief is overwhelming. Working for them while in school vs as a pharmacist was a whole different ball of wax.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 9 users
which big box store is it?? and how much of salary are we talking? bottom line is ... screw cvs.

glad you're taking matters into your own hands. too many rphs just whine and moan about their situation until it's too late

Members don't see this ad :)
Good luck! I hope to make my escape soon. Seems like you got a great offer.

How is this possible? I'm sure I've read somewhere on this board that there are no new jobs for pharmacists, and if there were any new jobs, they would only be paying minimum wage for part-time work.

Reactions: 1 user
I just transferred 20 prescriptions from Walgreens today and 10 prescriptions from Walmart today. I happily transferred it! The more people who walk through my doors, the more I love it! I can't believe places like CVS will charge almost $500 for 90 tablets of generic Plavix. We charge $19. How can CVS charge hundreds of dollars for generic Lipitor or generic Prilosec, when we charge $8 for 30 tablets of each? It sickens me. Does it feel good to cheat people? I don't like it.

There aren't that many big box stores with 30 min lunch breaks. It sounds like Walmart! Congrats. Just stay away from Bentonville if my guess is right.

I just transferred 20 prescriptions from Walgreens today and 10 prescriptions from Walmart today. I happily transferred it! The more people who walk through my doors, the more I love it! I can't believe places like CVS will charge almost $500 for 90 tablets of generic Plavix. We charge $19. How can CVS charge hundreds of dollars for generic Lipitor or generic Prilosec, when we charge $8 for 30 tablets of each? It sickens me. Does it feel good to cheat people? I don't like it.

Chains don't really expect anyone to pay $500 for 90 tablets of Plavix. They price for insurances, who of course, get a highly discounted rate.

Chains don't really expect anyone to pay $500 for 90 tablets of Plavix. They price for insurances, who of course, get a highly discounted rate.

There are plenty of people in the NYC/Northern NJ area who pay CVS full price for generic atorvastatin, clopidogrel, omperazole, sumatriptan, ondansetron, valsartan-hctz, etc. They pay hundreds of dollars a month. People pay. People get cheated.

There are plenty of people in the NYC/Northern NJ area who pay CVS full price for generic atorvastatin, clopidogrel, omperazole, sumatriptan, ondansetron, valsartan-hctz, etc. They pay hundreds of dollars a month. People pay. People get cheated.
Google "goodrx" and then thank me later.
90 day plavix with goodrx coupon code is 19 at walmart/target and 86.50 at walgreens and 96 at cvs.

I save my patients money with goodrx all the time at cvs when they're paying cash. If its a big difference such as this one then I would just tell them to go to walmart. Usually there isn't such a big price difference between all of them.

I am amazed by this. Who was it that said there is a sucker born every minute...

Took the drug test like 8 seconds after they sent me the information. I hope all the paperwork and background checks are done by Tuesday so I can give my notice and be out of there before Christmas.