Ever stayed in on a Friday or Saturday night just doing homework or studying?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ClrkKnt

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
want to see responses

Members don't see this ad.

You ever heard of finals week?

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I do that every weekend for a couple of hours. Then around the 7-8 I'll just watch marathons of my favorite shows.

Reactions: 1 user
Studying as we speak. I really can't get into botany :bang:

No. I need my sanity... Saturday afternoon, yes, but not frequently.

Yes, and fairly often.

No. I need my sanity... Saturday afternoon, yes, but not frequently.
+1

The occasional Saturday afternoon. I bet I could count on two fingers or less the number of times I've spent a Friday night or Saturday night studying. There really should be enough hours throughout the week to put in "work." Keep your weekends (especially weekend nights) to yourself.

I've worked weekends for the last ten years, so Saturday nights have always been out for me. Fridays usually don't run too late, and I've spent more than I can count studying then sleeping for work the next day. But there's plenty of fun to be had during the week, if you know where to look. Wednesdays and Thursdays are actually pretty awesome downtown, they're way bigger with the college crowd than the weekends around here and have been my nights to have fun on for years.

Yes...but I always made sure to have some sort of dessert and TV show to reward myself with

Members don't see this ad :)
Not often on Fridays but I'll study on Saturday a little if I've got a busy week ahead.

During college, only very occasionally. During med school, pretty much every week although I will go out with friends on a weekend usually either the first week of a block or right after an exam.

All the time. I went and practiced driving a log truck today, but I usually just chill or do a bit of school work. Working on a Human Genetics presentation right now.

You again?

Yes, sometimes successful students need to stay in on Fridays and Saturdays to get work done. Also, when you get a job sometimes you have to (gasp) work on evenings and weekends.

In college I usually reserved Fridays for fun and worked Saturday nights.

Last edited:
Yes, but that doesn't mean I necessarily study the entire Friday or Saturday. There are breaks between studying where I do something I enjoy just to relax. Balance, my friend.

nope, never. not once. and I got into 22 top 20 schools this cycle. studying is over rated

~~2 kool 4 skool~~

Reactions: 3 users
I work most Friday and Saturday nights. I do homework during the day though, and into the evening if I don't work. I try and take at least one night off a week to watch tv or relax or hang out with friends.

Being in Canada, this time of the year gets brutally cold. Yesterday I planned a fun night out with a bunch of friends, but most decided to stay in because of the weather. So I just studied.

Other times I'll spend the entire weekend studying or doing assignments. Depends how I'm feeling, but grades > social events.

you gotta do what you gotta do to be successful. But I usually hanged out on Fridays...

I always saved a day to chill and destress, whether it's hang out with friends, watch movies, or just chill. I have extracurriculars during the weekends too, so I don't get that much time to work on school, but the rest of my free time during the weekend is for just that.

lul. Was on campus for 10 hours today at research. Didn't get out till 1AM. Volunteering tomorrow

Ya like a lot. welcome to college mate.

Freshman/Sophomore Year? Never

Junior/Senior Year? All the time

Freshman/Sophomore Year? Never

Junior/Senior Year? All the time

I miss senior year. I bombed alot of classes my first semester senior year, but hit a solid 3.8 for the spring semester, but still managed to find time to host and entertain almost every week. Mostly upper level sciences too - guess I got lucky :) Hoping the first year of medical school can be like my final semester of college :)

I'm too busy living the college experience to stay in on the weekends. I can't let my social proof take that hit.

no never, i don't even stay in on the weekdays, i live on the streetz
I too, go hard in the paint...I do it for hood, because the hood told me I should! Thug life, out...

Reactions: 1 users
This is called 'actually getting into medical school someday'.

I know plenty of kids who ****ed around in college and are now in medical school. They aren't mutually exclusive.

If you can get a decent GPA and do above average on the MCAT while showing a couple traits your state school wants? Boom, congrats Doctor.

In undergrad I always had fridays off, but I always studied 8-10 hours on Sunday.

In med school, I study at least two hours Friday night, and pretty much every Saturday.

during the nightmare of a year that was organic chem and mcat prep, I stayed in and studied quite a bit on the weekends. not so much now. I purposely spent my first 3 years of undergrad going full speed so that senior year could be a little less stressful. in the event I get in this cycle, I won't be completely burnt out from jump.

Only cuz I had a game the next day but otherwise I've found a good balance between my social, athletic and academic life. Gotta enjoy college while you can but you also gotta make sure you get your work in.

You ask this question as if there are other things to be done on Friday / the weekend...

frequently, I don't see how you could afford to take weekends off. that being said, I try to make use of the day on saturday and sunday so I can have Fri and Sat night off. very often end up studying at least part of the night though

In undergrad I always had fridays off, but I always studied 8-10 hours on Sunday.

In med school, I study at least two hours Friday night, and pretty much every Saturday.

CRC avatar is money, baby. I went there for a while.

I could not have imagined staying in to study on weekend nights in undergrad lolol. Live a little. Medicine isn't everything.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

I don't think I spent many Fridays/Saturdays studying in undergrad. Probably even less in medical school.

Except on test weekends...like next weekend...bleh.

I do it fairly often, but honestly if you have good time management skills I don't think it's absolutely necessary to sacrifice your Friday and Saturday nights for studying/homework.

I very, very rarely stayed in on a Friday or Saturday. Freshman and sophomore year: absolutely not haha. Junior and senior year: maybe like 5 times? And that's 5 times that I actually studied, not counting just being lazy and not wanting to go out. I was too busy being young and having fun to stay in every weekend. That sounds like hell to me. Every once in a while might be necessary, but not all the time. God, no.

Ever stayed in on a Friday or Saturday night just doing homework or studying?

Na man. No pre-med would study on a Friday or Saturday, especially not ones anal enough to post on pre-med forums - no way.

Funny story.... I lived in a special interest house my senior year of college. I was downstairs in the common room doing physics homework in a Friday when all of a sudden a flash mob appears to have an impromptu party.

My party pooper self went to the library :/

Funny story.... I lived in a special interest house my senior year of college. I was downstairs in the common room doing physics homework in a Friday when all of a sudden a flash mob appears to have an impromptu party.

My party pooper self went to the library :/

I think I would rather be studying at that point...