Examkrackers Physics 30 min exams

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

grey_wind

King Kwentin
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So far I've been doing pretty well in the 30 minute exam things but I just got totally destroyed by physics...I knew I was just not getting the passages at all. I'm not sure if it was the new emphasis (they were all biologically based) or what, but it felt like I didn't even read the chapter and do the questions in the lecture.

Anyone else have an opinion on the new 30 minute exams?

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
does anyone know if these are similar to the actual test?? havent taken my AAMC because i'm saving that for the end

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Saving the AAMC for the end as well, I might get another book for more passage practice because this totally wrecked my confidence lol

Reactions: 1 user
yeah I haven't done the physics ones yet but physics is my worst area by far out of everything. EK has great explanations though
probably going to do one tomorrow

getting over half the questions wrong, I don't like this...
Are you having trouble remembering formulas? If it's concept based that's fixed by supplementing your reading, if it's the formulas just write them out a few times a day and understand the terms in each eq. I too have trouble and it all stems to practice practice practice

Are you having trouble remembering formulas? If it's concept based that's fixed by supplementing your reading, if it's the formulas just write them out a few times a day and understand the terms in each eq. I too have trouble and it all stems to practice practice practice

I definitely need to practice, going to try khan passages tomorrow and take a half length this week. I think I'm stuck in the old MCAT way of thinking and just having trouble sifting through the biology to get what exactly is being asked physics-wise

I did the first set of the 30 minute EK exam at BnB cause I didn't have the book. I thought they were relatively easy. Then again I used TBR physics when I did that section a month and a half ago and really learned through their explanations.

I did the first set of the 30 minute EK exam at BnB cause I didn't have the book. I thought they were relatively easy. Then again I used TBR physics when I did that section a month and a half ago and really learned through their explanations.

Which edition of EK?

9th edition.
Oh, and it helps that I did run through a bunch of EK 1001 questions right before I did the 30 min exam.

getting over half the questions wrong, I don't like this...
Yeah, just did a physics and got wrecked. got a 123 according to their estimated scale and thats not cool. but i found another thread somewhere from a couple of years ago (so idk how valid it is now) that the EK are purposefully difficult and that even EK says that they are not to be indicative of scores but to point out the areas you need to improve the most. I looked in the little intro thing and it does say that somewhat so I really hope its the case

Yeah, just did a physics and got wrecked. got a 123 according to their estimated scale and thats not cool. but i found another thread somewhere from a couple of years ago (so idk how valid it is now) that the EK are purposefully difficult and that even EK says that they are not to be indicative of scores but to point out the areas you need to improve the most. I looked in the little intro thing and it does say that somewhat so I really hope its the case
I got a 123 too! And I had just come off of a chemistry and psych section and got 129 and 130 so I was feeling pretty good

I got a 123 too! And I had just come off of a chemistry and psych section and got 129 and 130 so I was feeling pretty good
Yeah, the lecture I just did was an area I have been having problems with, so I guess I wasn't surprised. I had been doing the CARS and Biochem EK and doing okay on them, but I'm so much better at those two subjects than Physics. I guess the EK exams just concentrate areas you're bad at into a passage since they are based off of the lecture that it was over.

Make sure you're grading with the correct answer key, the answer key for 30 Min Exams is labeled as the Lecture Questions Key (q's after each chapter) and the Lecture Questions Key is labeled as the 30 Min Exam key. In other words the titles are switched, so make sure you're using the right key and compare with the explanations.