Excited to get started - hi y'all!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MtMeadowlark

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I wanted to introduce myself - if this is the wrong spot, please let me know where to post. :) I'm a long-time lurker so I figured I would come out and say hi. I am 32 and a mom of 4. I'm a Marine Corps veteran and have a B.S. in psychology. It's been my lifelong dream to be a doctor and I am so excited to FINALLY be making significant progress toward it by starting my science prereqs this fall at a local university.

Does anyone else have very young children and a goal of med school? My kids range in age from 2-10.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi there! I also have young children. I'm 26 in august, I have 4 children. I am just doing my science pre-reqs and then I am done :). I work 30 hours a week and go to school full-time, luckily my wife stays at home to take care of our 4 children. But I can tell you that it is very hard, it's difficult to balance family, work, and school - unfortunately one of those things doesn't always get my 100%; there's just not always enough time in the day. But we live like no one else right now, so that we can live like no one else in the future.

:) :)

Reactions: 2 users
Hi :) I have a 10 month old baby. I am a military wife (but I don't let that define me ;) ) and hoping to one day go to med school. We move wayyyy too much right now and life is up in the air for any real progress! Just doing 3 classes at a CC since I have free babysitting right now. Congrats on your decision!