Extra curriculars question...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SyrianRenegade

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay I just graduated from HS...I plan on volunteering in a hospital this summer among some other things...will that count for me towards med school admissions? I've already taken some college classes at the school I'm going to next year if that makes any difference...so would my hours actually count? Also, any advice on ECs for someone just starting the whole pre med thing would be appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

You've probably heard it a million times, and you'll hear it a million more, but do things you enjoy. Don't do things just to try to get into medical school because people can see through that and you won't get anything out of it.

For instance, sports are my life and I love kids. So I coach youth sports, officiate them, i play seven IM sports for my school, I'm a high school football referee and I am a camp counselor during the summer for a couple camps. Sure, I do my nursing home volunteering, I have shadowed quite a bit, etc, but most of my volunteering and EC's come from things I enjoy doing and don't even realize I can consider them as an EC until I'm already doing them.

Okay I just graduated from HS...I plan on volunteering in a hospital this summer among some other things...will that count for me towards med school admissions? I've already taken some college classes at the school I'm going to next year if that makes any difference...so would my hours actually count? Also, any advice on ECs for someone just starting the whole pre med thing would be appreciated.
go to the top right hand corner of the page...and search;)