F____ acpe

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Really? that many went to Philly? loll...

Confettiflyer, if you don't mind sharing, any known plans post graduation for u?

yah we're stacked deep

residency interviews in CA + 2 hospital offers, more details once the ink dries (march)

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Don't forget 25% of my graduating class coming into the California market :D

Your whole class should move to CA, and leave Pennsylvania for me :) Doing rotation now where you saw me, and more Jefferson people were interviewing today.

Your whole class should move to CA, and leave Pennsylvania for me :) Doing rotation now where you saw me, and more Jefferson people were interviewing today.

Not a big problem, most of us are from out of state I believe, or at least seems that way.

As for the problem is CA, I don't think new schools are an issue. AUHS, Samuel Merritt, Central California, West Coast Univ aren't even close to opening up. Finances are the problem for most of them, your school isn't profitable until you have 150-160 students and ACPE limits classes until accreditation anyway.

better yet, stevey, you'd have a cow if you heard bacillus1's school's radio ad today. It had some fake student go, "When I graduate, I'm gonna have a six figure salary, that's HUGE!"

better yet, stevey, you'd have a cow if you heard bacillus1's school's radio ad today. It had some fake student go, "When I graduate, I'm gonna have a six figure salary, that's HUGE!"

Hear those ads almost every day. Our school spends way too much on marketing, and IMO the ads make the school look like a joke. I mean they make it sound like it's U of Phoenix or something.

yah we're stacked deep

residency interviews in CA + 2 hospital offers, more details once the ink dries (march)

Not a big problem, most of us are from out of state I believe, or at least seems that way.

As for the problem is CA, I don't think new schools are an issue. AUHS, Samuel Merritt, Central California, West Coast Univ aren't even close to opening up. Finances are the problem for most of them, your school isn't profitable until you have 150-160 students and ACPE limits classes until accreditation anyway.

Wow talk about a positive post. landing two job offers and the california schools are further delayed.

There is hope in Orange County!!!

Hear those ads almost every day. Our school spends way too much on marketing, and IMO the ads make the school look like a joke. I mean they make it sound like it's U of Phoenix or something.

USP? They're killing me with those radio spots....please make them stop. "U Sciences: Beats living in your parents basement" :diebanana:

USP? They're killing me with those radio spots....please make them stop. "U Sciences: Beats living in your parents basement" :diebanana:

Haha I wish I could make them stop. Stop making those ads so my tuition can be lower :)

Wow talk about a positive post. landing two job offers and the california schools are further delayed.

Just cuz you hire a founding dean + take applications and hold interviews does not make you a school.

Members don't see this ad :)
haha.. what school is that? sounds like a fine institution. :)

USP. IMO it really doesn't need advertisements for its pharmacy program as people will still go here especially since the other 0-6s are dying out, but they're really trying to get people to enroll into other majors at the school, therefore they have all these ads that basically say "if you go here, you'll be rich". This has been going on ever since some place published data that USP grads have I think the 11th highest salaries in the US. Of course everyone seems to ignore that this is because the majority of students here are in programs that traditionally earn a relatively high amount of money.

just the thought about the % of my class (westernu) is currently without an offer and the thought of 2 schools opening in the LA area and one more in the inland empire... It's a disgrace. NO excuses.

Haha, welcome to my world with four pschols in Norcal and scrambling to find internship for two years where you call literally every place within some +miles only to hear: "sorry, we have an actual arrangement with so and so private school to only take their students".

Haha, welcome to my world with four pschols in Norcal and scrambling to find internship for two years where you call literally every place within some +miles only to hear: "sorry, we have an actual arrangement with so and so private school to only take their students".

oh ya. pretty soon students will forget about about getting paid to do their 900 hrs, I already know several students who gave up finding a job and just agreed to volunteer to have those 900 hrs signed off. i also know many more still looking to get those 900 hrs done.

oh ya. pretty soon students will forget about about getting paid to do their 900 hrs, I already know several students who gave up finding a job and just agreed to volunteer to have those 900 hrs signed off. i also know many more still looking to get those 900 hrs done.

You mean it's not like that already ? A hefty and I mean a hefty people I know at my school, that arranges notning and throws you under the bus of finding your own intership, volunteer.

Simple math 125 ppl in my class, 375 in the school P3-P1s that need interships, times that by four to account for four schools assuming average class size is roughly equal = I don't think they even have THAT many positions open here in the Bay. Hence, volunteering is nothing out of ordinary, ppl begging for internships :laugh: and then I have my friends at different states going: wtf.

Isn't it too early to count people with jobs though? It's only Feb:eek:

This is guestimate talking to my friends, I'd say between 50-65% of students currently don't have an official offer.

There is Loma Linda. WesternU has a lot of sites in IE, I know it's not considered IE, but a lot of their students end up working there.

The two schools that I consider LA are: North Hollywood

http://www.westcoastuniversity.edu/...unding-dean-of-new-school-of-pharmacy-85.html

The other one is in Long Beach, but i consider it still LA.

There is plans for Cal Lutheron to open a pharmD school, which is in IE

Isn't it too early to count people with jobs though? It's only Feb:eek:

All of the schools in CA have had their interview date and most companies have already given out offers with very few exceptions. All of the CVS interns were notified if they are being hired in by August 2011. Students are awaiting replies from residencies. In my school apox 15-20 students get into residencies, which about 15% of the class. So to answer your question, NO.

You mean it's not like that already ? A hefty and I mean a hefty people I know at my school, that arranges notning and throws you under the bus of finding your own intership, volunteer.

Have you had anyone not make their hours? I guess one good thing about my school is that our intern hours (all unpaid :( ) are set up by the school.

Have you had anyone not make their hours? I guess one good thing about my school is that our intern hours (all unpaid :( ) are set up by the school.

I dunno if its a CA Board of Pharmacy policy, but I believe in CA everyone has to have 900 hrs that are not arranged by the school. Correct me if I am wrong.

I dunno if its a CA Board of Pharmacy policy, but I believe in CA everyone has to have 900 hrs that are not arranged by the school. Correct me if I am wrong.

Jeez, between a policy like that and the new schools opening up, the students are really getting hosed.

Jeez, between a policy like that and the new schools opening up, the students are really getting hosed.

hahaha... Only if ACPE and APhA would recognize it and do something about it, which brings back to my original point. However, knowing that AUHS catastrophy has been put on the back burner for 1 yr, I feel a bit relieved for the time being.

Ok i will do my part. I will only hire and take pharmacists and students from the legacy schools....USC, UCSF, UOP, and Oregon State.

And Arizona and the rest of PAC12 schools with RX program.

USP. IMO it really doesn't need advertisements for its pharmacy program as people will still go here especially since the other 0-6s are dying out, but they're really trying to get people to enroll into other majors at the school, therefore they have all these ads that basically say "if you go here, you'll be rich". This has been going on ever since some place published data that USP grads have I think the 11th highest salaries in the US. Of course everyone seems to ignore that this is because the majority of students here are in programs that traditionally earn a relatively high amount of money.

Huh? MCP has gotten so big they are going to explode! Rutgers, St. John's, and Northeastern fill their classes with ease; Rhode Island is doing fine (and increasing their enrollment), and St Louis seems to be hanging in there despite new competition from SIUE. I admit that I don't know much about the two Ohio 0-6 schools.

It seems if I wanted to open up a new pharmacy program, a 0-6 would be the way to go...could you imagine the number of applications a 0-6 program in California would receive? Actually...forget I mentioned that. I've got a new business plan to pitch to AUHS.:)

Huh? MCP has gotten so big they are going to explode! Rutgers, St. John's, and Northeastern fill their classes with ease; Rhode Island is doing fine (and increasing their enrollment), and St Louis seems to be hanging in there despite new competition from SIUE. I admit that I don't know much about the two Ohio 0-6 schools.

It seems if I wanted to open up a new pharmacy program, a 0-6 would be the way to go...could you imagine the number of applications a 0-6 program in California would receive? Actually...forget I mentioned that. I've got a new business plan to pitch to AUHS.:)

Better yet, have a high attrition rate but enable those students who fall out to switch to a BS degree and milk even more money out of them! Give it some important title like "B.S. quasi-pharmaceutics" and load them up with cheap social science courses that cost $ to teach but charge $$$$ to the student!

What I meant was that many 0-6 programs are not purely 0-6 anymore because the schools don't want to go in that direction anymore (examples: Duquesne, ACPHS). USP is actually most likely going 0-7 within the next few years (according to a professor).

What I meant was that many 0-6 programs are not purely 0-6 anymore because the schools don't want to go in that direction anymore (examples: Duquesne, ACPHS). USP is actually most likely going 0-7 within the next few years (according to a professor).

You can add UConn (and maybe Pitt?) to your list.

If they do it, USP better make the jump at the same time as most other programs...it would not be to their advantage to have a 7 year program while people get the same degree at other schools in just 6 years.

To facilitate this, I bet you ACPE will be getting involved...and eventually it won't be any individual program's choice to go 7 years, but the new standard for accreditation.

Better yet, have a high attrition rate but enable those students who fall out to switch to a BS degree and milk even more money out of them! Give it some important title like "B.S. quasi-pharmaceutics" and load them up with cheap social science courses that cost $ to teach but charge $$$$ to the student!

There is a future in higher education consulting for you if this pharmacy thing doesn't work out :)