failed in NBDE part 2

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DR.HUM

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took the NBDE part 2 exam on november 15th and I faild with 73 . will this affect my chance to be accepted in one of the dental school ?
please guys help me

Members don't see this ad.

Hey,
I am sorry to hear that, but I am sure you are a good student since your score is almost close to 75%. Dont worry study well you will clear the exam when you give it again in 3 months. I don't think it effects your chances to get into a college. Most of the schools we apply to need just part 1 except for a few, but now since you hve attempted the part2 exam once I would suggest that give it again and then apply to colleges.
I know students who didn't clear their boards in one attempt but they are all studying in various schools right now.
You will be good.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey,
I am sorry to hear that, but I am sure you are a good student since your score is almost close to 75%. Dont worry study well you will clear the exam when you give it again in 3 months. I don't think it effects your chances to get into a college. Most of the schools we apply to need just part 1 except for a few, but now since you hve attempted the part2 exam once I would suggest that give it again and then apply to colleges.
I know students who didn't clear their boards in one attempt but they are all studying in various schools right now.
You will be good.
Thank you very much , I really appreciate this

Members don't see this ad :)
I took the NBDE part 2 exam on november 15th and I faild with 73 . will this affect my chance to be accepted in one of the dental school ?
please guys help me
Hey Dr. Hum,
Sorry to hear about the Part 2 result. 73 is really 'hit and a miss'. I think u should apply for re-evaluation of the test score. Not many know about it or don try doing it. I know of a friend who had 73 or 74 in part 1 and passed with the re-evaluation. Read the guide for more info http://www.ada.org/sections/educationAndCareers/pdfs/nbde02_examinee_guide.pdf God bless, all the best.

Hey Dr. Hum,
Sorry to hear about the Part 2 result. 73 is really 'hit and a miss'. I think u should apply for re-evaluation of the test score. Not many know about it or don try doing it. I know of a friend who had 73 or 74 in part 1 and passed with the re-evaluation. Read the guide for more info http://www.ada.org/sections/educationAndCareers/pdfs/nbde02_examinee_guide.pdf God bless, all the best.

Hey accidentist,
Thanks for your advise , but what I did not understand is how come the computer making a mistake when correcting the multiple choice test ?

Hey accidentist,
Thanks for your advise , but what I did not understand is how come the computer making a mistake when correcting the multiple choice test ?
The scoring of NBDE is usually based on percentile. My understanding is that they compare your raw score with other people's average score who have taken the exam in the same period of time. Which is usually in the same month or in 3 months. May be that's why they have an option for re-evaluation. Suggest you read other threads or call ADA and ask. Good luck, again.

The scoring of NBDE is usually based on percentile. My understanding is that they compare your raw score with other people's average score who have taken the exam in the same period of time. Which is usually in the same month or in 3 months. May be that's why they have an option for re-evaluation. Suggest you read other threads or call ADA and ask. Good luck, again.
well, thank you very much , I appreciate your kindness .

Any body planning to take part 2 in April 2014?

hey i was wondering if anyone had any tips on how to pass part 2...i got a 74 and i got 369 questions out of 500 correct. Im a little worried and wanted to know if you knew of any resources

hey i was wondering if anyone had any tips on how to pass part 2...i got a 74 and i got 369 questions out of 500 correct. Im a little worried and wanted to know if you knew of any resources
One of my friend got 71 n 345 ques right...but total number of ques we counted as on result sheet comes out to be 600...correct me if i am wrong please...

there are 500 questions... the grade i got was was 369 and i got a 74