Failing and retaking a class

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hye345

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
If you fail a class, and retake it, how do pharmacy schools view it? Do they disregard the previous grade/count both grades/etc?

Members don't see this ad.

If you fail a class, and retake it, how do pharmacy schools view it? Do they disregard the previous grade/count both grades/etc?

You never know. All schools are different. Some schools like an upward trend, others might not like failing at all. This isn't something you can control, so I wouldn't worry about it. Try not to fail and apply.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am not sure how it works.. I received a C- in Organic Chemistry I lecture and many pharmacy schools want a minimum of C or higher...

I got a B+ in organic chemistry 2.

You might want to try again if you know you can do it with a B+ to a A range...Anything lower will look bad..

actually a c- isn't considered a passing grade so you'd have to retake that gchem I class.

as for the schools they just average the two grades into the gpa. obviously, they don't like retakes, but just make sure you kick butt the second time around. this will provide you with some redemption.