Falling out with boss, should I still list EC?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

johnstylzes

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I worked 2 years as a lifeguard at my college to help pay for school. However, I had some differences between the new boss, I basically quit. However, she claimed on the paper that I was terminated due to missed meetings. Anyways, I was wondering if I should list this on my application since it has been a big part of my college life. FYI, the lady was recently fired from her job so she won't talk to the admissions committee if they DO really call to check. But I'm pretty sure the paper work still says I was let go :(

What do you guys think?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I've got a feeling they won't be calling to check out your lifeguard position.

CJWolf said:
I've got a feeling they won't be calling to check out your lifeguard position.
Es verdad. CJ where's your sig, I was laughing....

Members don't see this ad :)
CJWolf said:
I'm sure it'll make a comeback one of these days.
Hey CJ. Do you know Dr. Scarbecz? I think he's the head of UT-Mems dental planning and assessment or something....?

I think everyone has like 5 EC and some schools get like 2000 apps. That is like 10000 things to look at, but i dont think that they will be making 10000 phone calls to check all the stuff that applicants have done

i dont think u should be worried at all

JakeMUSC said:
Hey CJ. Do you know Dr. Scarbecz? I think he's the head of UT-Mems dental planning and assessment or something....?

Man, he's a sociologist who teaches our dental literature courses. he's a little dry to listen to, and a little strict about everything. But, he loves his work, i'll give him that.

I really don't think that the schools are going to go out of their way to find out about your past jobs. They have too many applications to go through. The best thing for you to do is llist it with confidence. If anything...just tell the adcom the truth and trust me...they have had little jobs that they have been let go when they were younger....please..you got let go for missing a couple of meetings ...just say you had more important things to do like class...I would not worry about this too much...just list it and have no regrets about the past...be confident and know that you learned something from that particular experience.

from what i remember, under the EC they just asked you to list them...nothing about adding actual contact info in (i'm pretty sure i didn't list phone numbers). plus, this is an admissions thing you fill out--it's mainly your academics and school related events that they're interested in (and although work is important, they aren't going to call your bosses, it's not the same as a job interview).