Family Med vs Urgent Care clinics

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Sam's hotel with guaranteed hot water in the morning, but turned off at 10:00am. Victory Liner to Manila with San Miguel stops alone the way. We had to be off the streets at midnight at risk of being shot during martial law, same in Korea. I'd like to do a mission there too.

Ah, yes, martial law under Marcos -- wherever you were at midnight, you were there until 0400 (later 0500 IIRC) -- Town Patrol and the PC (Philippine Constabulary) ran the show and didn't really have a whole lot of rules about cop/prisoner contact -- I remember riding into Diamond subdivision the night we landed in 69 and I asked my Dad what the evenly spaced chips taken out of the front of the guard shack were and he replied,"The Huks like to drive downtown in jeepneys shooting machine guns -- those are bullet marks where they've hit the concrete" -- Mom turned white and I said," Oh, okay"......I didn't realize the screens on the school bus windows were anti-grenade screens rather than screens to keep us from throwing things out of the bus --

But hey, we survived and thrived....but were always aware of our surroundings and always knew where we were in relation to the flight line --- if anything went down, get to the flight line -- ultimate rally point was grandma's house in San Antonio.....

But I digress ---

Working an urgent care now as moonlighting and love it -- 26 patients in 9 hours (with 2 slow hours) -- yeah, majority coughs/colds/bug bites but some fractures, foreign bodies, suspected compartment syndrome and a school physical -- it was a fun day......

Maligayang Pasko sin ino, maligayang pasko sin ino, maligayang pasko sin ino, maligayang pasko!.....or.....Oh, anoon sarap! Isa Pa nga!

Members don't see this ad.