FAMU College of Pharmacy Class of 2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LaraAshton

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Help! I just got accepted to Florida A&M University and I'm white, but all the minority scholarships seem to be for African Americans (which doesn't make much sense). I was told multiple times by multiple different people that there would be plenty of scholarships for me and I haven't found any. Maybe I could be looking in the wrong place, but I'm not sure. I called up there because of another issue - my transcript. They want my final high school transcript but school doesn't end for a couple more month and I've sent at least three transcripts all together. I got accepted with just my application, transcript (so I thought) and SAT scores. I didn't have to send in any teacher recommendations or anything . I called once they said they needed a final transcript on the site and they said they didn't have a transcript on file for me, but I've already been accepted. It doesn't make much sense. Also, I got accepted for the Fall Semester but got information on Spring 2013. Fall 2013 says "www.famu.edu/newstudentorientation" but when I went to the site it didn't tell me when the orientation is. That worries me because from today until the 12th of this month, there's online registration for Fall 2013 and I'm worried I won't get registered. I still have no clue how I'm going to afford this without scholarships since I was led to believe since the school is only about 3% white, how I can't seem to find a minority scholarship for a white person. Any help would be appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

Help! I just got accepted to Florida A&M University and I'm white, but all the minority scholarships seem to be for African Americans (which doesn't make much sense)... the school is only about 3% white, how I can't seem to find a minority scholarship for a white person. Any help would be appreciated!

Sorry, but really? Going to a predominantly black school doesn't make you a minority. You are still part of the dominant cultural and racial group within the entire country. Your ancestors probably weren't slaves. Don't expect a scholarship for being white.

How will you afford school? Savings (hopefully) and loans, like everyone else.

Last edited:
Congrats,

I'm a first year at FAMU for pre-pharmacy I can help.. The scholarships are not only for African Aemericans. You send your final high school transcript after you graduate, the deadline to turn that in on file to the admissions office is before you register in your case Spring 2014..As for old information it takes a while for the site to be updated. Sooner or later it'll say the correct term and year. You'll get a letter in the mail on signing up for orientation around April or May. Hope I helped

Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats,

I'm a first year at FAMU for pre-pharmacy I can help.. The scholarships are not only for African Aemericans. You send your final high school transcript after you graduate, the deadline to turn that in on file to the admissions office is before you register in your case Spring 2014..As for old information it takes a while for the site to be updated. Sooner or later it'll say the correct term and year. You'll get a letter in the mail on signing up for orientation around April or May. Hope I helped

Good luck!

This is a great relief to me! Thanks so much.

Hi everyone, I got accepted to crest view campus! Congratulations to those that are accepted and good luck to everyone on the wait list! I currently live in Ga, does anyone know decent apartments in crest view? I am preferably looking for one bedroom.
I also have no idea how the rest of the process will go! I know orientation is August 18-20 and classes start on the 25th.
any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Sorry, but really? Going to a predominantly black school doesn't make you a minority. You are still part of the dominant cultural and racial group within the entire country. Your ancestors probably weren't slaves. Don't expect a scholarship for being white.

How will you afford school? Savings (hopefully) and loans, like everyone else.
um that was a little rude !

Hi, pls what kind of qustions do they ask at the interview?

I have interview coming up, what do I need to know regarding the interview?

Interview coming up!!! Does anyone have any helpful tips in regards to the interview questions and process. Your knowledge would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks in advance.

any good website to get cheap tickets to FAMU? tickets are so high.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey, I went through some older threads, specifically the FAMU College of Pharmacy 2016, and ziggypharmd2016 provided some sample interview questions. Most of the other users claimed that the questions asked in the actual interview were close to this user's sample questions, but whether this user was actually accepted is unknown. Anyway, here they are:

Common Interview Questions

1. Why are you interested in becoming a pharmacist?
2. What characteristics do you have that will make you a successful pharmacist?
3. What kind of pharmacy practice are you interested in and why?
4. What are some of the most important issues you see facing pharmacists currently and in the coming years?
How will you deal with these?
5. What pharmacy experience have you had?
6. Give me an example of a time when you made a mistake at work or in school. How did you resolve it?
7. Give me an example of a time when you had to communicate a complex concept or idea to another person.
8. What appeals to you about our pharmacy program and curriculum?
9. Tell me about a situation in which you had to learn how to do something quickly and how you handled it?
10. As you know, admission to our program is highly competitive. What do you plan to do if you are not accepted
at this time?
ziggypharmd2016, 03.24.12

Reactions: 1 user
When do y'all think acceptance/rejection/waitlist letters will be sent?

that's awesome. How are you feeling about it? I'm nervous and yet a little anxious to get it over with. My emotions are everywhere. lol.

Me too, and don't know how I can prepare my self. do you know how long will the interview will last? is it an open interview or close interview?

ive read a lot of comments on here and some people have said 15 minutes and some have said 30 minutes....I guess it depends on how in depth you answer the questions. Im not sure if it's a closed or open interview but that would definitely be beneficial to know. What time is your interview?

if they are running behind on time the interviews are quick however they usually last about 20 min. expect 2-4 interviewer. Before you interview you have to do a 10 min essay and survey. They can be aggressive so stay humble and keep it together.

if they are running behind on time the interviews are quick however they usually last about 20 min. expect 2-4 interviewer. Before you interview you have to do a 10 min essay and survey. They can be aggressive so stay humble and keep it together.
Thanks for the info and advice. Will there be multiple applicants interviewing during the same time.

Last edited:
A close interview means that the interviewers do not know anything about you and your application.
Do you know that what would be the essay's topics?

Hey guys i have interview next week, any hints on what to expect would be appreciated.

does anyone know when they will send out the acceptance's letter?

Has any being accepted so far for fall?

I don't think they have sent out acceptance letters for transfers yet.

I am a transfer student also. I wonder when they will send letters. I am still on the wait.

I just want an invitation for interview, I pray they call me.

Yes! I was interviewed April 2nd, and the guy told me I was the last person for the fall 2015 applicants!

So I was also told to take one foreign language course ! Hope it won't affect my admission acceptance?

I would also like to know when they'll send acceptance letters, so anxious

I know, me too !!!

I am a first year Pharmacy student at Famu. You may ask me any questions or concerns you have.

Hello, I am at the Crestview Campus.

What is it like? Do you feel like it's harder because of the long distance learning? About how much is the rent there? And what's the school schedule like?

Hello,

Personally, I like the Crestview campus as it is very conducive for studying. Additionally, there have been a hearsay that students of the crestview campus always perform better than those of tallahassee.

However, the city of crestview is not as developed and urban as tallahasee, therefore, if you are coming from an urban city, you would appreciate tallahasee more.

The distance learning is not a major deficient to the student of crestview, plus you can always email or call a professor if you have any problems.

Rent is a bit high in crestview, with the average rent being $600 per month.

With the schedule (fall 2014), most classes started 10.00 am and ended 1:45 pm

Hello,

I dont know exactly when they will start sending out acceptance letters. But most probably, starting next week. By email.

Hello,

Personally, I like the Crestview campus as it is very conducive for studying. Additionally, there have been a hearsay that students of the crestview campus always perform better than those of tallahassee.

However, the city of crestview is not as developed and urban as tallahasee, therefore, if you are coming from an urban city, you would appreciate tallahasee more.

The distance learning is not a major deficient to the student of crestview, plus you can always email or call a professor if you have any problems.

Rent is a bit high in crestview, with the average rent being $600 per month.

With the schedule (fall 2014), most classes started 10.00 am and ended 1:45pm

Great thanks!

Pls, how long does it take to hear from the school after interview ? and I was told to take a foreign language class! Hope it won't affect my admission?

Pls, how long does it take to hear from the school after interview ? and I was told to take a foreign language class! Hope it won't affect my admission?
i think you have to take foreign language class before fall starts. it requires 8 credits.

I tought is only one foreign language course?