FAMU PHARMACY (CLASS OF 2020)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ocdmess

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello!
Interview letters are rolling in so I thought I'd go ahead and make this thread !
My interview was tough, the panel grilled me aha. I'll post some pictures of questions to review for anyone with an upcoming interview. Good luck and be yourself ! Rattlers STRIKE
ImageUploadedBySDN1456696810.787958.jpg
ImageUploadedBySDN1456696821.409756.jpg
ImageUploadedBySDN1456696833.448992.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Thanks for sharing!! Do you know if there is any particular order as far as transfer students vs pre pharms?

Yeah I think they interview pre-pharmacy first, then other majors from our school, and then transfers nation wide

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys! I applied as well, but I am a transfer student, so hopefully I'll be getting an interview letter soon!

Reactions: 1 user
Hey guys! I applied as well, but I am a transfer student, so hopefully I'll be getting an interview letter soon!

Hiiii! Welcome! I called on Wednesday and I was told that they're reviewing applications until the end of March so, the wait continues lol

I am a transfer and I just received my email for an interview today!

I'm transferring from Northwest Florida State College. I put Crestview campus as my preference since I only live 30 minutes from there.

I'm transferring from Northwest Florida State College. I put Crestview campus as my preference since I only live 30 minutes from there.

Oh cool!! Good luck on your interview, let us know how it goes! :)

Did you visit the Crest View campus before setting it as your preference? Are you fond of distance learning?

I haven't been inside the Crestview campus but I have been by the building. I know some people that go to the Crestview campus as well and they all like it. I have done distance learning for the majority of college thus far so it doesn't bother me.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm a transfer and got my interview invite this past Friday also! I scheduled it for next week, so nervous..!

I'm a transfer and got my interview invite this past Friday also! I scheduled it for next week, so nervous..!
Let us know how it goes!

For those receiving the letters, when did you all submit your applications? Also, in what form do the interview letters come in? Are they done by email or mail or both?

Hey guys, I got my interview letter last friday by email. Do you guys know what building and room number to go to? I read that its only 30 minutes long.

I turned my application in on January 25th. I only live like two hours from Tallahassee so I drove mine and dropped it off in person. I am pretty sure the interview letters only come by email. You will go to the same building that you mailed your application packet to. All of the offices are on the third floor of that building. I don't know exact room or anything. I am probably going to call sometime this week to find out.

I turned my application in on January 25th. I only live like two hours from Tallahassee so I drove mine and dropped it off in person. I am pretty sure the interview letters only come by email. You will go to the same building that you mailed your application packet to. All of the offices are on the third floor of that building. I don't know exact room or anything. I am probably going to call sometime this week to find out.
I was planning on driving my packet up. But I sent it by UPS and it was received at the office on January 25th as well. I applied to the Crestview campus also and I've worked with a lot of the students from there. I guess now it's a waiting game on the interview letters.

For those receiving the letters, when did you all submit your applications? Also, in what form do the interview letters come in? Are they done by email or mail or both?

Sent my application packet on the 26th and FAMU received it on the 28th and received the interview letter through email.

I think everything is sent by email. Even acceptance letters.

I think everything is sent by email. Even acceptance letters.

I wasn't sure about the interview letters, but I guess they are just by email. The acceptance letters I believe are done by email and a packet sent to your address. You will of course receive the email before the acceptance packet though. I'll ask a one of the FAMU Pharmacy students the next time I work.
I believe FAMU was on spring break this week. Hopefully I'll get an interview letter next week. :)

Hey guys, I got my interview letter last friday by email. Do you guys know what building and room number to go to? I read that its only 30 minutes long.
I spoke with a student class 2019 and she said pharmacy building 3rd floor is where the interviews are done

Has anyone had their interview yet? If so how did it go?!

Does anyone know when they'll stop sending the interview invitations??

How was your interview?

It wasn't too bad. I think if you know how to answer the OP questions then you'll be fine! They just want to know you, be honest & best of luck!

It wasn't too bad. I think if you know how to answer the OP questions then you'll be fine! They just want to know you, be honest & best of luck!
Glad it went well for you! Were there any questions they asked you that were not on the list of questions posted at the beginning of this forum? Also did you apply for the main campus or crestview?

Glad it went well for you! Were there any questions they asked you that were not on the list of questions posted at the beginning of this forum? Also did you apply for the main campus or crestview?

There were no trick questions, they just want to know whos behind the application. If you can describe yourself, why famu, and why pharmacy.. I think you'll do perfectly fine! I put no preference, but I'd like Crestview campus though & if you applied for Crestview they'll probably ask why and how you feel about distance learning.

Some of you guys might not even have to do a interview. You might get accepted without a interview
My overall GPA is 3.92. Science GPA is 4.0. I haven't heard anything yet. I volunteered at a pharmacy too. I'm hoping that I'll get in without interview.
I would be really surprise and dissapointed if I don't get in.

Anyone from Pensacola and will commute to Crestview everyday for school? I'm thinking about car pool if we get in

Some of you guys might not even have to do a interview. You might get accepted without a interview
My overall GPA is 3.92. Science GPA is 4.0. I haven't heard anything yet. I volunteered at a pharmacy too. I'm hoping that I'll get in without interview.
I would be really surprise and dissapointed if I don't get in.

How do you know about it? Have you known someone who get in w/o interview?

For transfer students an interview is required, I'm not sure if it is required for the "progression" students but it seems logical that everyone has to be interviewed.

For transfer students an interview is required, I'm not sure if it is required for the "progression" students but it seems logical that everyone has to be interviewed.
I can attest that an interview is required for all eligible applicants

How did your interview go? ;)
It went well no trick question, why famu, why pharmacy those type of questions... I was lucky to have only 2 interviewers. anymore questions?

It went well no trick question, why famu, why pharmacy those type of questions... I was lucky to have only 2 interviewers. anymore questions?
What 10 min question did you have to write about before the actual interview ?

What 10 min question did you have to write about before the actual interview ?
Nothing to worry about it was more like a survey, then you have to write an essay.

how was your interview?
It went well! Was deff intense.. It was my first interview and here I am trying to be friendly and they were very straight faced. I know that's part of interviewing though. Suprised I wasn't asked about distance learning when I applied to crestview but I had a lot of focus on community service. There were two other girls waiting for interviews who applied for the Tallahassee campus. My appointment was at 930 and I didn't go back till almost 10. My interview lasted 15-20 min. Good luck to everyone who applied!

It went well! Was deff intense.. It was my first interview and here I am trying to be friendly and they were very straight faced. I know that's part of interviewing though. Suprised I wasn't asked about distance learning when I applied to crestview but I had a lot of focus on community service. There were two other girls waiting for interviews who applied for the Tallahassee campus. My appointment was at 930 and I didn't go back till almost 10. My interview lasted 15-20 min. Good luck to everyone who applied!
Good to hear it went well. Hopefully we get in

Has anyone (transfer students) that interviewed received an acceptance letter? I am patiently waiting, but the suspense is starting to get to me.