FAQ: What are my chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi Guys,

I posted a while back. I have a new question - how many programs to apply to? I'm interested in a large academic institution - preferably in California (home state).

Stats:
Step 1: 269
Step 2: Not taking it in time
Clinical Grades: All Honors, HP in Psychiatry (school doesn't do AOA, top 25 school)
Research: 3 publications (all basic science 1 first author non-rads, 2 rads 4th and 10th authors impact factor >12 journals), 1 RSNA oral presentation (first author), 1 regional presentation. A few other non-first author poster presentations.
Letters: 1 from FM (which said would be a strong one), 1 from a big shot a major hospital in Internal Medicine (worked with him personally for a few weeks), radiology letter (maybe a research letter? I wont have any radiology electives done in time).

Extras: Ironman completion, interest group leader, student government, some other minor roles.

I was thinking of applying to 25 or so programs (mostly the top ones in major cities - NY, Boston, Chicago, LA, SF, etc) Additionally, is 10 prelim enough?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi Guys,

I posted a while back. I have a new question - how many programs to apply to? I'm interested in a large academic institution - preferably in California (home state).

Stats:
Step 1: 269
Step 2: Not taking it in time
Clinical Grades: All Honors, HP in Psychiatry (school doesn't do AOA, top 25 school)
Research: 3 publications (all basic science 1 first author non-rads, 2 rads 4th and 10th authors impact factor >12 journals), 1 RSNA oral presentation (first author), 1 regional presentation. A few other non-first author poster presentations.
Letters: 1 from FM (which said would be a strong one), 1 from a big shot a major hospital in Internal Medicine (worked with him personally for a few weeks), radiology letter (maybe a research letter? I wont have any radiology electives done in time).

Extras: Ironman completion, interest group leader, student government, some other minor roles.

I was thinking of applying to 25 or so programs (mostly the top ones in major cities - NY, Boston, Chicago, LA, SF, etc) Additionally, is 10 prelim enough?

I bet you'll do great and have your pick of schools in this process. Maybe cut your list down to 10-15, if you feel so inclined. You could also keep it at 25, but you most certainly will not need that many interviews to match (the whole point of applying to a ton of programs...). I don't know anything about prelim... FWIW, I'm a somewhat similar applicant and we will likely see each other on the trail!

I'm not sure this is entirely accurate, as our third year grades were just submitted to the registrar, but I'm assuming it is since it was on my AOA application...Anyway, here goes:

Step 1: 255
Step 2: Taking in November
Preclinicals: Mix of honors/no honors - Top quartile
Clinicals: All pass (at my school, there is no high pass...You're either pass or honors) - This is what I'm not 100% sure of since our scores were just submitted. We were supposed to find out about honors at some point last week, but no scores were updated. We'll just assume all pass for the sake of argument.
No AOA - Rejected during junior year. Applying again this year.

1 year pathology fellowship between my second and third year. Did it because I wanted to...No academic or professional trouble leading to me being forced into it or anything.
Ended up with a pathology abstract, poster, and national conference presentation as a second author. Have another case report (rads and path) and (4th author) extremely significant/controversial ENT paper that is in the publication process. I'm currently working on another case report and an IR specific project.

I'd rather not go to a big city, and I'd like to stay in the southern part of the country. I'm leaning towards applying to Pittsburgh (close to home) and to programs south of Pittsburgh. I can go anywhere, east or west, no preference. I'm looking for a quality DR program, but also one that will give me a significant amount of IR time (useful IR time...Not just putting in IJ's). I'm thinking about places like Wake, UVA, VCU, Baylor, Arkansas, etc. If you could suggest any other programs, especially "diamonds in the rough," I'd really appreciate it.

Thank you for your input.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone? :-\ Going on my away next week (for one month) so I don't know how much I'll be able to check SDN.

Quality programs in the SE that I think you have a good shot at: Wake, Vanderbilt, Emory, UTSW, UF, MUSC, UNC. Duke might be a reach. You should do well with your app, apply broadly though to be safe.

Im a DO student from Arizona applying this year.

Step 1: 233
Step 2: 250
Comlex 1: 616
Comlex 2: waiting on score
Comlex PE: passed
Research: none, research assistant at a med school during college
Clinicals: All passed (school doesnt do honors or high pass)
LOR: 1IM chair, 1IM, 1 OB, probably ask for 1 more

I know my step 1 will probably hurt me and I wont be applying to any top programs. Will I have a decent chance if I apply widely? I'm also applying to IM just to be safe. Appreciate any help, thanks.

Hello

My step is 235.
All passes clinically (even radiology). H/Hp/P/F allopathic school.
Step 2 will likely not be too hot.
1 year off for research. 2 pubs first author. Multiple abstracts. All clinical. Nothing in rads.
I'm trying to match at a university program anywhere.

Can I match?

MS4 at allopathic school. i was advised to double apply to rads and medicine- do i need to?

step 1: low 240s
grades: 3rd quartile =/
LORs will be really good (3 from core clerkships, 1 from rads) - do i need more rads? does it need to be from a PD?
ECs are extremely good
Research: 2 case reports in the works of being submitted/published, 1 presentation at national conference, 1 retrospective chart review again in the works

not trying to go anywhere crazy good, just trying to get in =) the grades are the main blemish (as well as the lack of research). do i really need to double apply? that just seems overwhelming. currently have about 80 programs on my list. please help!

US IMG Caribbean grad

Step 1: 227
Step 2: 260
CS: Pass

Basic Sciences: 3.65
Clinicals: 4.0
6 weeks of Rads electives: Received 2 solid LORs from Rads assoc. professors from big academic center in NYC

3 Rads Prospective Research papers to be submitted to extremely reputable journals but will not be published by application season. I worked with a very reputable professor of radiology and surgery at an academic center in NY

2 Rads Oral Presentations
1 IM Oral Presentation

My 2 main concerns are obviously a low step 1 score and also I will not be ECFMG certified until Nov-Dec.

WHAT ARE MY CHANCES FOR MATCHING RADIOLOGY IN NEW YORK....OR ANYWHERE??

What's the big hype these days behind radio? I fail to see the "wow" factor behind it, regardless if a person is interested in the field or not.

What's the big hype these days behind radio? I fail to see the "wow" factor behind it, regardless if a person is interested in the field or not.

This post makes absolutely zero sense.

The hype revolves around whether or not one is interested in the field. If a person is interested in a field, there will be a "wow" factor.

I fail to see the wow factor in delivering a baby (now that I've done it...), treating a COPD patient, suturing for 45 minutes to close a case, removing a gall bladder, etc. If you don't see the "wow" factor in being able to fully examine a human body in the hunt for organic disease without ever opening them up, accompanied by the opportunity to treat some of those diseases, then we probably can't help you understand it.

Please don't derail this thread.

Last edited:

please don't feed this troll

This post makes absolutely zero sense.

The hype revolves around whether or not one is interested in the field. If a person is interested in a field, there will be a "wow" factor.

I fail to see the wow factor in delivering a baby (now that I've done it...), treating a COPD patient, suturing for 45 minutes to close a case, removing a gall bladder, etc. If you don't see the "wow" factor in being able to fully examine a human body in the hunt for organic disease without ever opening them up, accompanied by the opportunity to treat some of those diseases, then we probably can't help you understand it.

Please don't derail this thread.

please don't feed this troll

lol was seriously asking, because I have a few friends that're interested in the field, but whenever I ask why do they see themselves in the field I usually get a :rolleyes: response.

That's cool though, I didn't have any intentions on derailing the thread - was just curious why some of you would consider this field.

Members don't see this ad :)
lol was seriously asking, because I have a few friends that're interested in the field, but whenever I ask why do they see themselves in the field I usually get a :rolleyes: response.

That's cool though, I didn't have any intentions on derailing the thread - was just curious why some of you would consider this field.

I'm considering DR because you can literally see what no one else sees. The diagnostic radiologist has a wide knowledge of clinical medicine, maybe not to treat patients, but understands what the clinician needs to know and how to present the information to them.

I'm considering IR because there's no other field in medicine like it. They provide a wide variety of procedures for patents, often times treating conditions (inoperable cancers of the liver and kidney, for example) that no one else, including surgery, can treat. IMO, it's the best field in medicine. I just hope I can be fortunate enough to be a part of it.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm considering DR because you can literally see what no one else sees. The diagnostic radiologist has a wide knowledge of clinical medicine, maybe not to treat patients, but understands what the clinician needs to know and how to present the information to them.

I'm considering IR because there's no other field in medicine like it. They provide a wide variety of procedures for patents, often times treating conditions (inoperable cancers of the liver and kidney, for example) that no one else, including surgery, can treat. IMO, it's the best field in medicine. I just hope I can be fortunate enough to be a part of it.

That's bad@$$ especially for DR. That's really the same way I see pathology as that's in the top choices of what I'd like to do. GL!

Most of the people who have posted are either US MD grads or IMGs, so was wondering what the chances are for a DO with my stats.

class rank: top 5%
step 1: 257
3rd year: just starting, hoping/expecting mostly honors I guess...
ECs: pretty standard, nothing spectacular

No AOA obviously, also no research except some minor poster in undergrad. I absolutely hate research and would very much prefer not to have to do it to be competitive for rads but if you all think it would make a considerable difference in my application I would probably try to get some type of pub out between now and 4th year.

Also, my school has us take all the shelves, was wondering how important those are in general for applications. Should I be shooting for a 90+ percentile for all of them or is something more like 60-80 percentile fine.

As far as location goes, I'm in Colorado right now and would prefer to stay here, or at least be in the west. I did grow up on the east coast though so it wouldn't kill me to move back for a residency spot but after residency I would be looking to move west again permanently.

Appreciate the feedback.

Your step may be a little below avg for top rads programs but it wouldn't surprise me if you got some invites to top programs. Apply and see why happens. If research is your thing UTSW is a great program in Texas that is up and coming. May be a reach. The rest of the Texas programs should be "target" with some lesser known ones being "safety". If you are looking at the SE primarily reach programs would be Duke, Vanderbilt, Wake Forest, maybe Emory. Target programs IMO would be UNC, UF, UAB, MUSC, etc.

I'm considering IR because there's no other field in medicine like it.
They provide a wide variety of procedures for patents, often times treating conditions (inoperable cancers of the liver and kidney, for example) that no one else, including surgery, can treat. IMO, it's the best field in medicine. I just hope I can be fortunate enough to be a part of it.

Not sure that would be a good argument to use during interviews...Interventional cards and EP cards are similar (procedure wise) to IR, but just with a focus on the heart (i.e. catheter based treatments, ablations, angioplasty, stenting) + cards has DR mixed in (i.e. echo's) + internal medicine patient interaction that DR doesn't have and IR has limited of. just an insight i wanted to share

Not sure that would be a good argument to use during interviews...Interventional cards and EP cards are similar (procedure wise) to IR, but just with a focus on the heart (i.e. catheter based treatments, ablations, angioplasty, stenting) + cards has DR mixed in (i.e. echo's) + internal medicine patient interaction that DR doesn't have and IR has limited of. just an insight i wanted to share
What you've said is equivalent to, "Vascular surgery and IR are similar because they both do EVARs."

I stand by what I stated.

In a properly run academic IR department, there are low-end and high-end procedures. The low-end procedures include port placements, port exchanges, biliary drain placements and exchanges, abscess drains, chest tube placements, targeted pericentesis, biopsies (including lung, liver, kidney, soft tissue, thyroid, OVARY?! (yes, I've been seeing ovary biopsies), etc. The higher end procedures not only include those mentioned in your post, but also oncologic procedures (ablations - cryo, microwave, RF; and embolizations - TACE, TARE, alcohol). A proper IR department also has admitting privileges, rounds on patients, and has a clinic. Also, the training in DR beforehand is unique.

I'll say it again, this time with feeling. There's no other field like it. Other fields might have snipped a few aspects of it, but no other field has procedures that vary from 15 minutes to 3 or 4 hours and have an impact on patient care from being a true consult service, and allowing other services to perform their treatments to providing curative treatments and improving quality of life with a scope of practice in nearly every organ system.

Last edited:
Most of the people who have posted are either US MD grads or IMGs, so was wondering what the chances are for a DO with my stats.

class rank: top 5%
step 1: 257
3rd year: just starting, hoping/expecting mostly honors I guess...
ECs: pretty standard, nothing spectacular

No AOA obviously, also no research except some minor poster in undergrad. I absolutely hate research and would very much prefer not to have to do it to be competitive for rads but if you all think it would make a considerable difference in my application I would probably try to get some type of pub out between now and 4th year.

Also, my school has us take all the shelves, was wondering how important those are in general for applications. Should I be shooting for a 90+ percentile for all of them or is something more like 60-80 percentile fine.

As far as location goes, I'm in Colorado right now and would prefer to stay here, or at least be in the west. I did grow up on the east coast though so it wouldn't kill me to move back for a residency spot but after residency I would be looking to move west again permanently.

Appreciate the feedback.

/Bump; Anyone have any feedback of what type of program I could be competitive at (if any)?

/Bump; Anyone have any feedback of what type of program I could be competitive at (if any)?

Most of us are MDs and, therefore, have very limited experience applying allopathic as a DO. You should search the threads where DOs share their experiences for the best sense of what to expect.

As far as your numbers, yeah you destroyed step 1. But we don't know anything else about you. If you do well this year you probably have a decent shot at some of the higher end, DO friendly places like UPMC.

For now, you only know what a fraction of your application will look like. But even if you were applying this year, few of us have experience applying as a DO. That's probably why you're not getting much of a response.

I go to a middle of the road MD school on the east coast, Step 1 score 255, school is pass/fail/honors and although I'm in the top 50%, I have been unable to get any honors until my surgery sub-I fourth year where they give them out like candy, as well as random 4th year electives. I've been doing radiology research since 2nd year, and submitted 2 papers recently but I don't know when I will hear back. I really love radiology, but will my grades eliminate my chances? Thank you

You're fine.

Probably will get a fair amount of mid tier programs. Beat my step 1 by 12 points but I had all but one honors during 3rd year and had to cancel a ton of interviews.

The thing that I find interesting how much emphasis is placed on third year honors at some programs, and it's probably the least standardized thing we have in our applications. At some schools, it's nearly impossible to get, and at others, 50% of the class gets honors. It's a joke.

They included in our Dean's letter how many got honors for each rotation with us. If we did well on the NBME, they had those scores in there too. That was what was commented on more than the grade itself during my interviews.

My school, 3rd year grades didn't really change AOA. I dominated third year and wasn't even nominated while others only got 1 or 2 honors and did get nominated. I know that my lack of AOA contributed a little to where I ended up on my match list.

They included in our Dean's letter how many got honors for each rotation with us. If we did well on the NBME, they had those scores in there too. That was what was commented on more than the grade itself during my interviews.

My school, 3rd year grades didn't really change AOA. I dominated third year and wasn't even nominated while others only got 1 or 2 honors and did get nominated. I know that my lack of AOA contributed a little to where I ended up on my match list.

Ill be happy to switch programs with you if you want. :p

I'm plenty happy with it. I told my ex-gf like 2 years before applying that somehow I knew I would end up there. Just had this gut feeling. When I didn't match prelim and found out, I started laughing on the phone.

With all of my weight stuff, I'm glad I'm not moving far now!

230 on step 1, 242 step 2. Go to U of I. High passes in all 6 core rotations with great comments. 2 radiology case report publications. 1 first author health economics paper after a summer of research working directly with senior faculty at Case Western that wasn't published but presented as a poster. Not even bothering applying to the top tier programs but given that rads has gotten a little less competitive in the past year or two I feel pretty confident I will match. Question is do I have a good shot to stay in Chicago, whether it is community (St Francis, Masonic, Cook County) or UIC/Loyola/Rush. Thanks.

230 on step 1, 242 step 2. Go to U of I. High passes in all 6 core rotations with great comments. 2 radiology case report publications. 1 first author health economics paper after a summer of research working directly with senior faculty at Case Western that wasn't published but presented as a poster. Not even bothering applying to the top tier programs but given that rads has gotten a little less competitive in the past year or two I feel pretty confident I will match. Question is do I have a good shot to stay in Chicago, whether it is community (St Francis, Masonic, Cook County) or UIC/Loyola/Rush. Thanks.

Not sure about Chicago specifically, but your app seems pretty well rounded. What programs are considered top tier in Chicago?

Not sure about Chicago specifically, but your app seems pretty well rounded. What programs are considered top tier in Chicago?

Northwestern and University of Chicago.

DO student who decided late that radiology and then IR is what I want, trying not to delude myself and would like to hear if I have any reasonable shot. Goal is a community program, preferably university affiliated. Location would ideally be northeast but will be applying southeast and some midwest as well. Approximately 60 programs on my list now. Will be scheduling radiology rotations through rest of year and I am a strong interviewer if that matters at all.

Comlex 1- ~630s
Usmle 1- Nada, have a legitimate reason that could be explained during interview.
Comlex 2- ~720s
USMLE 2- ~260s
3rd year- All honors.
LOR's- Strong, but none from radiology faculty.
Research- no pubs, just stuff from undergrad.

Thoughts? Thank you.

DO student who decided late that radiology and then IR is what I want, trying not to delude myself and would like to hear if I have any reasonable shot. Goal is a community program, preferably university affiliated. Location would ideally be northeast but will be applying southeast and some midwest as well. Approximately 60 programs on my list now. Will be scheduling radiology rotations through rest of year and I am a strong interviewer if that matters at all.

Comlex 1- ~630s
Usmle 1- Nada, have a legitimate reason that could be explained during interview.
Comlex 2- ~720s
USMLE 2- ~260s
3rd year- All honors.
LOR's- Strong, but none from radiology faculty.
Research- no pubs, just stuff from undergrad.

Thoughts? Thank you.

I would advise you to take Step 1 if at all possible before you apply. Maybe you can explain its absence during your interview, but without a Step 1 score, many programs won't give you the interview in the first place. I mean, it's the single most important number in your application, and step scores are the only standardized thing common to all residency applications. That might fly in a less competitive specialty that doesn't emphasize board scores, but radiology hasn't become that uncompetitive yet.

US Allopathic MS3

Step 1: 219

What are my chances with getting an interview somewhere . Planning on applying to ~30-50 community programs in less than desirable locations. Any help would be appreciated.

Hello -

Just wanted to get some feedback on my app in general and also input and how many and where I should be applying.

US med school, nothing special about it

Step 1: 257
step 2: taking oct
Preclinical: all honors except 1 block
Clinical: all honors
AOA

Research:
-first authored rad onc paper, also presented poster of this at national meeting and abstract published and presented a M and M for the cancer center on this
-working on submitting another first author ED paper
-No rads research, couple potentials have fallen through

EC: elected to multiple committees, founded clinical year curriculum review process, bunch of other stuff, heavily involved in medical education at my school

LORs: 2 Rads (1 of which well known), 1 Plastic surgery (worked close with co-chair for a month), 2 vascular surgery sub-I letters, 1 ED/Research letter (known me all four years of school, will be a good letter including clinical/research/in depth knowing me)

I'm not really shooting for coast programs, but anywhere in between. Would like to have a good mix of places to apply to, mostly academic.

advice on number of academic programs to apply to, would like to go to academic program

US Senior

233 Step 1, 265 Step 2

research-minimal nothing radiology relevant

3rd year grades: average

would appreciate advice on number of academic places to apply to

Hello -

Just wanted to get some feedback on my app in general and also input and how many and where I should be applying.

AOA

Research:
-first authored rad onc paper, also presented poster of this at national meeting and abstract published and presented a M and M for the cancer center on this

EC: elected to multiple committees, founded clinical year curriculum review process, bunch of other stuff, heavily involved in medical education at my school

LORs: 2 Rads (1 of which well known), 1 Plastic surgery (worked close with co-chair for a month), 2 vascular surgery sub-I letters, 1 ED/Research letter (known me all four years of school, will be a good letter including clinical/research/in depth knowing me)

I'm not really shooting for coast programs, but anywhere in between. Would like to have a good mix of places to apply to, mostly academic.

You can only send 4 letters to a given program

Your application is virtually flawless so I can't really see how advice you'll get here will help. Just be reassured that you have virtually every checkbox checked and that you'll land in a really good program.

You can only send 4 letters to a given program

Your application is virtually flawless so I can't really see how advice you'll get here will help. Just be reassured that you have virtually every checkbox checked and that you'll land in a really good program.

Couple quick questions.

As far as LORs I have more than I need but I was planning on sending 4, 1 rads, 2 clinical and 1 from research/some clinical/has known me all four years of school.

Is that reasonable?

Also, I am taking ck on oct 8th. I noticed like 10 of the programs I applied to said on FRIEDA that they will not interview without a ck score. If that is the case, will my timeline for those schools still be okay pending my doing well and releasing my CK score presumably late oct?

Thanks

Couple quick questions.

As far as LORs I have more than I need but I was planning on sending 4, 1 rads, 2 clinical and 1 from research/some clinical/has known me all four years of school.

Is that reasonable?

Also, I am taking ck on oct 8th. I noticed like 10 of the programs I applied to said on FRIEDA that they will not interview without a ck score. If that is the case, will my timeline for those schools still be okay pending my doing well and releasing my CK score presumably late oct?

Thanks

Last year I emailed several programs after I found the same info on FREIDA. None of the programs required CK to offer an interview despite what FREIDA said. I stopped asking because no one knew what I was talking about. I wouldn't worry about it.

Last year I emailed several programs after I found the same info on FREIDA. None of the programs required CK to offer an interview despite what FREIDA said. I stopped asking because no one knew what I was talking about. I wouldn't worry about it.

Ahh that is reassuring - much thanks.

Hello -

AOA

Research:

Getting the combination/quality of letters you have, in conjunction with the honors and AOA, as a complete package, is likely harder to come by than a 270 on Step1. Not really sure what you're concerned about unless you just need the pat on the back.

Reactions: 1 user
Getting the combination/quality of letters you have, in conjunction with the honors and AOA, as a complete package, is likely harder to come by than a 270 on Step1. Not really sure what you're concerned about unless you just need the pat on the back.

I guess not concerned, just really was curious as to how many programs and the split on competitive ones versus lower tier..

Hi all.

Applying to rads in a few days. Concerned about clinical grades and whether I should apply to IM as a backup also. Would be okay with academic or community program.

Geographic preference: Northeast/mid-Atlantic/mid-west (as far west as Chicago)

Med school: Allopathic school in Northeast (in the top 40 US med schools)
Step 1: 240
3rd year clerkships= All passes
4th Year Medicine Sub-I= Honors
Basic sciences = Mostly B's
AOA - no
ECs - the usual

Research:
A) one non rads second author paper
B) Educational exhibit for RSNA 2013/ working on this project with a resident.
C) A few other rad research projects I'm involved in but not published.

I'd appreciate your input!

Hi all.

Applying to rads in a few days. Concerned about clinical grades and whether I should apply to IM as a backup also. Would be okay with academic or community program.

Geographic preference: Northeast/mid-Atlantic/mid-west (as far west as Chicago)

Med school: Allopathic school in Northeast (in the top 40 US med schools)
Step 1: 240
3rd year clerkships= All passes
4th Year Medicine Sub-I= Honors
Basic sciences = Mostly B's
AOA - no
ECs - the usual

Research:
A) one non rads second author paper
B) Educational exhibit for RSNA 2013/ working on this project with a resident.
C) A few other rad research projects I'm involved in but not published.

I'd appreciate your input!

Your grades will definitely hurt at top programs in the northeast and probably midwest, but no need to apply to IM as a backup. You should be able to lock down a low to mid-tier academic program.

Your grades will definitely hurt at top programs in the northeast and probably midwest, but no need to apply to IM as a backup. You should be able to lock down a low to mid-tier academic program.

Can you name some low to mid-tier academic programs? I am afraid my list is overshooting too. Thanks!

Hey all,

I am a third year on my third rotation at MSUCOM and I was wondering what you guys think my chances are for rads and what I should do to increase them?

USMLE Step 1: 228
COMLEX Level 1:593/88
Basic Sciences - school doesnt rank
Research - pending but hopefully will have a publication in rads clinical research

I appreciate it!:)

Hey all,

I am a third year on my third rotation at MSUCOM and I was wondering what you guys think my chances are for rads and what I should do to increase them?

USMLE Step 1: 228
COMLEX Level 1:593/88
Basic Sciences - school doesnt rank
Research - pending but hopefully will have a publication in rads clinical research

I appreciate it!:)
DO applying to MD programs with a 228? It's going to be an uphill battle. Look for DO friendly programs, and do some aways.

US Citizen Caribbean grad

Step 1: 227
Step 2: 260

Basic Sciences: 3.65
Clinicals: 4.0
6 weeks of Rads electives: Received 2 exceptional LORs from Rads assoc. professors from big academic center in NYC

3 Rads Prospective Research papers. One is submitted (2nd author) to journal with very high impact factor. The other two manuscripts have not been submitted yet but are near completion. I worked with a very reputable professor of radiology and surgery at an academic center in NY

1 Rads Oral Pres
1 IM Oral Presentation

My 2 main concerns are obviously a low step 1 score and IMG status.

WHAT ARE MY CHANCES FOR MATCHING RADIOLOGY IN NEW YORK....OR ANYWHERE??

Is it too late in the cycle to check stats? Lol and at what point should one be concerned about interview invites? I only have 3 so far