Faragon vs. National Pharmacy Tech Association Certification

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

baronzb

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been researching the different compounding/IV/Chemo CE-Cert courses run by the various non-profit associations in hopes of building my resume as I look for my first post-grad gig. PCCA is about 2.5-3k dollars; Medisco is 3k, depending on the course.

Fagron is much cheaper at 1.5k/course. However, the National Pharmacy Tech Association (NPTA) is accredited by ACPE for training pharm techs and pharmacists in compounding/IV/Chemo courses for only 1.5k for all three. I would obviously like to go for all three courses; however, the "pharm tech" in the NPTA is scaring me. What kind of decline in value would it be for a pharmacist that gothis certification/CE from NPTA as opposed to a straight pharmacist organization. If forced to do Fagron or PCCA, I will likely just do one course due to the expense.

Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I've been researching the different compounding/IV/Chemo CE-Cert courses run by the various non-profit associations in hopes of building my resume as I look for my first post-grad gig. PCCA is about 2.5-3k dollars; Medisco is 3k, depending on the course.

Fagron is much cheaper at 1.5k/course. However, the National Pharmacy Tech Association (NPTA) is accredited by ACPE for training pharm techs and pharmacists in compounding/IV/Chemo courses for only 1.5k for all three. I would obviously like to go for all three courses; however, the "pharm tech" in the NPTA is scaring me. What kind of decline in value would it be for a pharmacist that gothis certification/CE from NPTA as opposed to a straight pharmacist organization. If forced to do Fagron or PCCA, I will likely just do one course due to the expense.

Thanks in advance.

I don't know anything about differences between these 3 certifying groups. I don't think being certified by the NPTA would be negative though, there are lots of CE's/certifications that are for more than just pharmacists, some will be certified for nurses & pharmacists, some pharmacists & doctors. It's the ACPE that is important, not the group that is profiting/paying for the actual course.

Thanks in advance.

I don't know anything about differences between these 3 certifying groups. I don't think being certified by the NPTA would be negative though, there are lots of CE's/certifications that are for more than just pharmacists, some will be certified for nurses & pharmacists, some pharmacists & doctors. It's the ACPE that is important, not the group that is profiting/paying for the actual course.

Members don't see this ad :)
Some people say PCCA is the 'gold standard,' there is quite amount of gold involved in the prices, lol.

NPTA offers a certificate. How does that differ from state certification? Is there such a thing?

Bump. Kind of important in a saturated profession...new certs.