Fast Q for THOSE WHO ALREADY APPLIED

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ILOVEMED123

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
How does your GPA show up on your AMCAS application you submit?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Two decimal places.

Reactions: 1 user
Just for curiosity's sake, why are you interested in this?

this, one, two, three decimal places are unlikely to matter significantly.
Eh, you're right probably, but I can see his concern. If your GPA is 3.596 it looks worse to see that than 3.60, nomatter how close they are in actuality.

Eh, you're right probably, but I can see his concern. If your GPA is 3.596 it looks worse to see that than 3.60, nomatter how close they are in actuality.

it may look "worse" but you're the only one that cares about that. your admissions decision will not depend on 0.004 GPA points unless you are below an automatic cutoff range.

Hold a sec. I didn't even think of this when I asked my original question.

If you have a "3.595", because only 2 decimal places are shown, they will round it to 2 decimal places? So a "3.595" is listed as a "3.60" and NOT as "3.59"?

Hold a sec. I didn't even think of this when I asked my original question.

If you have a "3.595", because only 2 decimal places are shown, they will round it to 2 decimal places? So a "3.595" is listed as a "3.60" and NOT as "3.59"?
Yes.

Yay! Although ya... can't imagine an applicant with a "3.59" vs a "3.60" GPA will be a deciding factor, but its nice to be out of the "3.5" range just as a personal preference :)