Federal Government Evaluation Process and Confusion

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

baronzb

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Need guidance on the evaluation process, particularly in relation to the convoluted system I am working in.

I am a clinical provider. The pharmacy manager (person A) is the second line evaluator. The first line evaluator is an MD in a outpatient clinic. He (person B), has been on family leave from when I was new to a few days ago.

What complicates matters is that, though I am a pharmacist, I work in a third clinic. This clinic has an MD supervisor person C), but he is not officially (at the time of my hiring) my supervisor, though I work in this clinic on a daily basis.

Though I work in person C's clinic, where my office is, I also accept and see patients in person B's clinic. I see the pharmacy manager A, only a couple times a month and never work in the pharmacy.

When I asked person A about person C being the first line evaluator at the mid-point evaluation, as the other clinical pharmacist has a first line evaluator in their medical clinic, I was given a non-answer of person B being on family leave and person A (he) would do the evaluation.

I have never met person B, but was thinking of going to him and introducing myself and asking for guidance on the evaluation process that he was officially designated for when I was hired in the summer. He will likely feign ignorance on the matter, at which point I was going to go to person A, who is trying to substitute himself into the first line evaluator role, on my confusion with this matter. (I am not sure if any of this is a good point of action.)

Members don't see this ad.

What are the nuts and bolts of the review?
I know that only 3, 4s are acceptable (out of a rubric of 1-4), does this mean that even if one has an average above 3, if they have a 1 or 2 in a criteria/standard, they fail?
Should the review always be signed, regardless of agreement, like in the private sector?
What should one bring to the review? How should one try to show improvement or accomplishments, as a clinical pharmacist? Thank you!