About the ads

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

fellowship application/interview timeline?

Discussion in 'Hospice and Palliative Medicine' started by Flopotomist, Dec 5, 2012.

1. This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors and sponsors. Thank you.
  1. Flopotomist

Flopotomist I love the Chicago USPS

Resident [Any Field]
    SDN 7+ Year Member

SDN Members don't see this ad. (About Ads)
    Hey guys...I have applied for an HPM fellowship, it has been a few days, and no programs have even downloaded my application. Just wondering when programs start looking at the applications, and what the rough timeline for when interviews are offered. Thanks!
  2. brimcmike

brimcmike brimcmike

Attending Physician
    SDN 5+ Year Member
    When I applied in December 2010 for fellowship starting July 2012, it was rolling admissions under variable and asynchronous application review and interview schedules among the programs. Very frustrating. I recall that programs downloading my application was not all that quick. Looking back at my email traffic, I started getting invitations at the very last week of December and then more in early January, and continued to trickle in, in some ways that was even more frustrating. I interviewed at 5 programs. I entertained offers from 3 programs, and finally accepted an offer in mid-April.
    I blogged about the Matchless process on Pallimed:
    http://www.pallimed.org/2011/08/fellowship-quest-with-no-match-or-o.html
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2012
  3. Flopotomist

Flopotomist I love the Chicago USPS

Resident [Any Field]
    SDN 7+ Year Member
    Thank you for the response! I was a bit panicky as no program has even downloaded my application yet!
  4. E92er

E92er

Resident [Any Field]
    Lots of programs don't use ERAS/Match system. You'll have much better luck contacting the program directly. I just emailed all the programs I was interested in. They sent back applications for me to fill out and send back. Received interviews at most hospitals I applied to within 2-3 weeks.
  5. brimcmike

brimcmike brimcmike

Attending Physician
    SDN 5+ Year Member
    The majority of programs use ERAS. Some do not. It helps to contact them and do whatever they suggest.
  6. qnht

qnht User

Almost all programs participate in ERAS. The specialty has not yet decided to participate in NRMP (the Match), so all choose their own timelines. Most have rolling applications, but a few have strict deadlines. Just contact the program director if you are worried. Most in the field of HPM are super nice.