First Responders, Animals and SAR Team (Photos and One Health Stuff)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Doctor-S

Clinical & Research PhD-MD who is feline fine!
Lifetime Donor
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hope some photos remind everyone how important YOU are to animals and pets everywhere ... of course, you're already super-special to me! :biglove:

fire9.jpg

Note: I'm a volunteer doc on a SAR team and thought it would be nice to post (non-private) photos on this thread when there are some uplifting pics to share with you. Many pets and animals are rescued by first responders and are transported to vetties for medical care and treatment or they've been reunited with their owners. One Health for all 'cuz we're in this stuff together!

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
This made my heart smile. Thank you for sharing, Doc S. This is a good reminder that we are important and we are part of something bigger.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Firefighters spotted and rescued a little "cat" wandering alone in one of the recent Northern California Wildfire zones.

The orphaned mountain lion cub presented with severely burned paws, irritated eyes and whiskers completely singed off.

captcal.jpg

Now, look at the cub. His paws are bandaged and he is gradually getting better and meeting some new furry friends!

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 1 users
:biglove:This is the best thing I have seen all week! Thank you!!!

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
Here is a photo of a male barn owl that sustained burns in the recent Southern California wildfire. The owl was transported to a wildlife veterinarian for medical care and treatment. According to the wildlife veterinarian, the owl's prognosis is favorable.

barn owl.jpg

Reactions: 4 users