First week of internship

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Davelee

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I started working as an intern in a local retail this Monday. Exhausted but the experience was not bad. Staff are very friendly, and Ive learned a lot.

The brand/generic names are my biggest challenge. Reading them on textbooks is one thing, hearing them in the real world is another thing. I have no retail experience before. Any advice for a beginner? I appreciate your help.

Members don't see this ad.

Why is a medical student interning at a retail pharmacy?

Members don't see this ad :)
Mmmmm, he wouldn't be able to intern unless he has a Pharm.D or is in pharmacy school. It could be that he's just a tech trying to get a better idea of pharmacy while in medical school.

better than what I assumed. I assumed he/she was an idiot and didn't know to check pharmacy student instead of med student.

I am not sure why my status did not show correctly. I am actually a foreign pharmacy graduate. Can anyone help me with my question?
The brand/generic names are my biggest challenge. Reading them on textbooks is one thing, hearing them in the real world is another thing. I have no retail experience before. Any advice for a beginner? I appreciate your help.