Flight Training

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chocolateshake

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is there a list of EM programs that offer Flight Training during residency?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm totally looking for flight training in residency, here are the list of programs I know of (in no special order):

UCSD
Pitt
Med. coll. wisconsin
Indy
Cinci
U of Chicago
Cleveland/metrohealth
U. Michigan
U Mass

Beware that in many programs you can spend a little time on a helicopter observing, but there are some (those above) where you are part of the flight crew and participate in medical decision making and care.

Thanks!!!

What about UW Madison? I know they have MedFlight.. but do you just spend your time observing, as a resident?

Members don't see this ad :)
Madison will have residents flying (I interviewed there for a staff position).

Mayo's residents fly (as crew) too!

- H

UW will REQUIRE residents to fly as crew. That is a huge push for them and you will sign a waiver saying you know the dangers of what you are doing. Take a look at their web site. I will be interviewing there in a few weeks and will report back.
Also add Geisinger to that list- you are crew and fly a good bit. Said to be required but exceptions have been made in the past if absolutely necessary.
later
streetdoc
(wasn't their another thread on this subject months back?

Don't forget university of illinois at peoria. can moonlight on the aircraft as crew your first year.

later