Florida advised to stop teaching AP Psychology

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sanman

O.G.
Reaction score
I mean, this is what FL wants, right? They're already trying to get some christian propaganda test to be accepted at universities in the state to be an entrance exam. Can't wait for the day when Flat Earth Theory and a refutation of germ theory are standard in schools there. Florida has been a joke for a long time, so why wouldn't they just lean into that and embrace their willful ignorance whole hog?

Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I mean, this is what FL wants, right? They're already trying to get some christian propaganda test to be accepted at universities in the state to be an entrance exam. Can't wait for the day when Flat Earth Theory and a refutation of germ theory are standard in schools there. Florida has been a joke for a long time, so why wouldn't they just lean into that and embrace their willful ignorance whole hog?

While it is expected, I am glad the College Board stood up to them and said they will not provide AP credit unless the full course is taught to students. I feel bad for the students that will likely have to change classes and for teachers that might be out of a job, but people need to see that these laws have real world implications.

Reactions: 2 users
While it is expected, I am glad the College Board stood up to them and said they will not provide AP credit unless the full course is taught to students. I feel bad for the students that will likely have to change classes and for teachers that might be out of a job, but people need to see that these laws have real world implications.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Reactions: 3 users
Florida also removed the requirements for psychological evaluations for gender affirming surgery.

Florida, you so crazy. Hear me out: Mandatory gun ownership + bring back the show "Cops"

Reactions: 1 user
Florida also removed the requirements for psychological evaluations for gender affirming surgery.

Florida, you so crazy. Hear me out: Mandatory gun ownership + bring back the show "Cops"

Wait, shouldn't they want the evals because it serves as a barrier? Or are they gonna get rid of the process altogether?

Reactions: 1 user
Wait, shouldn't they want the evals because it serves as a barrier? Or are they gonna get rid of the process altogether?
It looks like the board was instructed to come up with emergency standards and it was an overstep.

"The Board of Medicine and the Board of Osteopathic Medicine (boards) are directed to, within 60 days after the bill’s effective date, adopt emergency rules pertaining to standards of practice under which a patient younger than 18 years of age may continue to be treated by a physician with a prescription for sex-reassignment if such treatment was commenced before, and is still active on, the bill’s effective date."

AP Psychology can be taught in Florida high schools, say state officials - in reversal after college-credit course was pulled over lessons on sexual orientation and gender identity